It's Only A Door

Kayla wiped a stray tear from her face as she tried to hold back her own emotions.

This was hard.

She could hear her sobbing on the other side of the line and it broke a heart a million times over and brought back memories she would have rather not faced.

This was hard

When she had gotten out of bed at a quarter past midnight to answer a phone call by Hills,she really had not been expecting it would lead to this.

This was hard.

She had been trying everything she could think of but nothing was really working and as the seconds passed by,the tension only grew and her fear only intensified.

This was hard.

So hard.

Really really hard.

------------------------------------------------------

Flashback

"What's wrong?",Kayla asked her voice still groggy and sleepy yet filled to the brim with genuine concern and worry.

"I'm so sorry I had to wake you up so early Kay,but-but She just would not listen to anything I say",Hills blurted out,her voice cracking as she burst into fresh tears.

Kayla could not help but push back the tears that were threatening to fall as she realized the seriousness of the situation.

Not that that had not already been made obvious at a half past three in the morning.

She shook her head trying to collect her thoughts and bring forth any words that could comfort the nervous wreck that was Hills.

*I will talk to her",she muttered as the pressure in her heart increased and she felt that just like the situation,she would fine herself drowning in everything that was better forgotten.

Hills only sighed and in that simple gesture Kayla realized this was going to take more than just talking,

She would have to be strong if she was going to be of any help.

This was going to be hard.

End Of Flashback

-----------------------------------------------------

And for the past half hour she had been doing exactly that

Trying to help.

She sighed deeply as she sent another text that she hoped would be the first step to get ber friend's attention.

All other attempts had failed.

And miserably too.

Her phone flashed with a picture of a laughing Thellie and her heart broke knowing that same lively bubbly face was swollen from crying throughout the night.

"Okay",T.P

Kayla managed a smile and even though it was a forced smile to calm her own nerves,she was grateful Thellie had reached out

Even if it had been just a word

At least

It was a start.

She took in a deep breath and dialed the call button on Thellie's contact.

Hopefully she would answer.