Daddy's Girl

When her Dad had told her he was staying in that morning, to say she had been surprised would have been an understatement.

*In", being the fact that he wasn't going to work  

The fact that it rarely happened was what made it a very special Sunday to her.

Yep

Her old man worked himself up even on Sundays.

And to think he was his own boss.

The last time he'd stayed home on a Sunday had been a week before she'd left to Evergreen.

She sighed as she made her way downstairs.

Hah.

Funny how Jay used to think her Dad's boss was mean for making him work all those hours and even on Sundays too.

She smiled at the memory.

She'd used to let Jay buy her FroCho because she'd told him it helped her not miss her Dad so much when he was away at work.

She smiled at her genius self.

Those used to be some fun times.

Up until Jay discovered her Dad was his own boss.

Oh boy was he mad!.

He'd thrown such a tantrum.

Drama queen he was. That one.

Not much has changed from then.

At least the part where he was still a drama queen.

She made it to the last step and made a show jumping down as she made her way to the living room.

She sat down and took her phone out of her pocket and proceeded to text Jay as she propped her feet on the center table in front of her.

Old habit. 

Bad habit.

She turned on the TV,flipping through the channels until she found something interesting she could watch.

Half watch actually,seeing that her attention was divided between the TV and her phone.

She continued her act of multitasking and only looked up when she heard footsteps descending the stairs.

Dad.

She thought he'd sleep in till later to catch up on some sleep and have some much needed rest.

In a few moments he was seated by her and her legs had suddenly rooted themselves to the floor.

Wink.

They sat down in silence watching TV for a while until her Dad spoke.

"Want some ice cream?".

Yaaaaaaaaaay ice cream.

Naaaaaaaaaaay

She couldn't have more ice cream.

She'd eaten enough ice cream the previous day to last her an eternity.

But Dad didn't know that.

Yaaaaaaaaaay ice cream.

She nodded and her Dad left for the kitchen, returning a few minutes later with a big bowl of FroCho in one hand and three bag of chocolate chips in the other.