Chapter 23

Tyler ended up being in the hospital for two more weeks, which only made his homecoming even more special.

Josh wheeled him to the door of their apartment in his wheelchair, opening the door to reveal the huge pillow and blanket fort he had constructed so Tyler could see the moon from the wall of windows in their living room while still being comfortable.

Tyler smiled shyly, looking up at Josh who grinned back down at him. He helped Tyler out of his chair, holding onto him tightly so he wouldn't fall as he made his way to the fort.

He helped him gently sit down on a pillow, not letting go of his hands until he was completely stable sitting.

Even though Tyler still didn't feel great, there was a smile on his face. He was with finally with his Josh again, and he could be with him all day long. Not just between 12 and 4.

Josh smiled as he sat next to him, gently caressing his cheek as they just looked at one another.

But Tyler eventually got tired of just looking and wanted Josh to at least put his arm around him.

"I've been stuck in a bed with a bunch of tubes in me just able to look at you for two weeks," he said. "And now I can finally touch you and snuggle you. I don't wanna wait any longer."

Josh smiled and widened his legs, Tyler making his way between them and sitting so his legs were around Josh's waist as he hugged his neck.

Josh hugged him back tightly, his hands gently caressing his back as he held onto him.

Eventually, though, Tyler wanted to feel even closer to Josh.

So Tyler lied down on the pillows, Josh making sure he was comfortable before getting on top of him.

He smiled down at him, earning the smile he had missed having all to himself for what seemed like an eternity.

He stripped his clothes off, helping Tyler do the same.

Tyler was a bit out of breath even after just wrestling with trying to get his clothes off from his lungs still being even worse at being lungs than usual, so Josh just waited. He ran his fingers through his hair, kisses his forehead, told him he was beautiful, and waited.

Eventually, Tyler's breath was back and they got to start.

They hadn't made love in over two weeks, so it felt almost new again.

Tyler was smiling, Josh was smiling, they were both just so happy.

"Joshua," Tyler whispered with a smile against his lips.

"Tyler," he replied quietly with a grin, continuing his gentle thrusts.

"I love you so much," Tyler said.

"I love you too, baby," Josh promised. "And I missed you so much."

They both came a little while later, Josh gently pulling out and lying down beside him.

Tyler wanted more snuggles, though, so he got to where he was half on top of Josh. He had his leg and arm over him, caressing his cheek and smiling and they kissed every so often.

He rested his head on Josh's chest, looking out at the moon as Josh gently rubbed his back. Both of them were unable to help but smile.

After a few hours, Tyler was getting really sleepy. Josh carried him to their room, both of them just falling asleep completely naked in bed, their limbs intertwined as they got used to having the love of their life back with them as they slept.

It was the best they'd slept in two weeks.

***

Josh woke up the next morning with a wide smile as he remembered what happened the night before. He looked/felt over on the other side of the bed for his Tyler so he could snuggle with him and tell him how beautiful he was, but he wasn't there.

He got up and went to the kitchen, smiling as he saw Tyler making pancakes while wearing Josh's shirt from the night before and a pair of sweatpants.

"Hi baby," Josh smiled, holding his hips and kissing his cheek from the side.

Tyler smiled as he turned to see Josh, getting up on his toes and hugging his neck tightly.

Josh hugged him back. He missed Tyler's morning hugs. They were the sweetest thing.

"What're you making?" Josh asked even though he already knew the answer, hopping up on the kitchen counter to watch.

"Pancakes," Tyler replied, flipping the one that was in the pan.

Soon, though, the boys switched positions. Tyler was sitting on the counter and Josh was standing between his legs, holding his waist as he looked up and kissed him deeply.

In the middle of their make out session, Tyler smelled something burning. "Joshua," he giggled. "You can't be on pancake duty if you're gonna let them burn," he said as he hopped off the counter and threw away the completely black pancake and started another one.

"Sorry, sorry," Josh grinned. "Your cuteness distracted me."

Tyler blushed and smiled shyly, kissing Josh's cheek before continuing to cook the pancakes.

They ate their breakfast at the kitchen table before they went back into bed to snuggle more.

"What do you wanna do today?" Josh asked.

"Just be with you," Tyler said quietly. "And talk with you and snuggle with you and be in love with you."

Josh smiled and kissed his lips softly. "Well you have me. I promise you that."