Chapter 44

"I can't believe our honeymoon is over," Tyler said a week later as they packed their bags.

"I know," Josh said.

Tyler suddenly gasped. "We never went to the lock bridge."

Josh's eyes widened. They quickly dropped everything and hailed a cab, going back to the place where Josh had proposed.

They stood right where they were the first time, Josh lowering himself to one knee, making Tyler giggle.

Josh smiled as he looked up at his beautiful husband. He looked the exact same as he did four years ago.

Absolutely stunning.

They didn't say anything. They just looked at each other as they held hands.

Tyler eventually hugged his husband tighter than ever, Josh standing up and hugging him back with a wide smile.

"I love you," Tyler said.

"I love oh more," Josh grinned. "We're gonna have just as much fun married at home as we did here," he said. "Promise."

"As long as I'm with you, it's gonna be more fun than anything," Tyler smiled, kissing his lips.

They stood looking over the bridge, Josh's arm around Tyler's waist as Tyler rested his head on his husband's shoulder.

"I'm gonna bring you back here," Josh hummed with a wide smile. "On our 10 year anniversary, when we're 31, we're gonna come back here. And we're gonna have even better sex. 'Cause we'll have had 14 years of experience instead of just 4. Not that our sex right now isn't incredible, but maybe in the future they'll have cool stuff that'll make it even more romantic."

Tyler giggled, getting up on his toes and kissing his cheek. "We'll get to have sex for the first time married at home tonight. Well, tomorrow or the day after, most likely. We're gonna be exhausted when we get back."

"Yeah," Josh said. "But we'll have some fun," he grinned, nuzzling his nose into his neck happily. "Get to break in the bed."

"Dirty boy," Tyler giggled.

"You know it's true," Josh hummed. "Get to make the bed all warm again and snuggle up and be all married 'n stuff."

"I'm excited," Tyler said.

"Me too," Josh replied. "Are you ready to start the normal married life?"

Tyler let out a sigh as he took in the view one last time. He nodded. "I'm ready."

***

The boys got back home, Tyler sleepily following his husband inside while holding his hand.

He saw there was a bouquet of roses on his side of the bed, smiling and softly kissing Josh's lips. "Thank you, Joshua."

They crawled into bed and immediately fell asleep.

***

The next morning, they woke up in each other's arms, the jet lag making them incredibly exhausted.

"I don't wanna get up today," Josh said.

"Me neither," Tyler replied. "I don't wanna get up ever."

"Let's just stay in bed snuggled up forever," Josh said.

Tyler definitely agreed.

This was his dream life.