Chapter 31

"Baby!" Josh exclaimed with a wide smile as he saw his fiancé wheeling his way towards him holding a cup of coffee. "You made me coffee??"

Tyler nodded, handing Josh the cup.

"Thank you, baby," he smiled, kissing Tyler's forehead before helping him transition from the wheelchair to the couch.

Tyler immediately snuggled up next to him, Josh smiling as he wrapped his arm around him and held him close. He kissed all over his face, making Tyler giggled softly.

Josh's smile widened as he heard the adorable giggles. He hadn't heard that laugh in months.

"I love you," he grinned.

"I love you too," Tyler said softly.

He still wasn't healthy enough to go on a date or have sex, but he could at least now stand for small amounts of time with Josh holding him up.

"Wanna dance?" Josh asked with a smile.

Tyler giggled quietly, Josh helping him get up.

He held tightly onto Josh's biceps, giggling as Josh energetically danced and sang along to the music he played.

Josh always knew how to make him laugh.

After about ten minutes, Tyler's legs were getting weaker. Josh lied down with him on the couch, Tyler pretty much immediately falling asleep.

Josh smiled as he ran his fingers through his fiancé's hair. "I love you, baby. I love you so much."

***

Tyler woke up several hours later to find Josh was still holding him, smiling and gently caressing him.

"Hi baby," he said softly.

Tyler gently shifted and kissed his lips softly before pulling back and returning to his original position. "Hi."

Josh grinned, kissing the top of his head. "Need anything?"

Tyler shook his head.

So they stayed snuggling on the couch all day long, Josh getting up a few times to get something to eat but returning soon after.

"How's your g-tube feeling?" He asked at was point.

"Ok," Tyler replied.

Obviously it hurt, but it wasn't nearly as bad as when it had become infected.

"It comes out in just a few days," Josh said. "Are you excited?"

Tyler nodded.

Once the tube was out, Tyler could do a lot more, including eat drink, walk (a bit more than usual), and even have sex if he felt like it.

***

A few days later, Tyler's g-tube was out and Josh was driving him home. He carried him inside since he was sleeping and tucked him into bed before getting some school work done in the other room.

"Josh?" He heard softly at one point.

"Hey, baby," he smiled as he turned around.

"Hi."

"Do you need anything?"

"No," Tyler shook his head.

"Just came to say hi?" Josh grinned.

Tyler nodded. "Hi."

"Wanna sit with me?"

Tyler nodded again, taking a seat in Josh's lap.

"How're you feeling?" Josh asked, his arms wrapped around him.

"Sore."

"I bet. How about I get you something to eat and build a fire and we snuggle up on the couch?"

After all, it was wintertime.

Tyler quickly nodded.

So they did just that.

Josh made Tyler cinnamon rolls, Tyler eating four before joining Josh on the loveseat in front of the fire, a big fluffy blanket wrapped around both of them as they snuggled impossibly close.

Tyler smiled shyly as Josh rubbed their noses together. "I love you soooo much."

"I-I love you too," Tyler giggled.

Josh grinned and found Tyler's left hand, kissing his engagement ring. "We're gonna get maaaaaarried."

"I can't wait," Tyler said.

"Me neither," Josh replied. "I'm so excited for our honeymoon."

"Me too," Tyler smiled.

Just three more years.

Just three more years and Tyler became the other Mr. Dun.