Chapter 28

The next day, Tyler was obviously avoiding Josh.

"Baby," Josh said, grabbing Tyler's arm as he quickly tried to scurry past him. "Talk to me."

"I've never been so embarrassed in my life," Tyler replied quietly.

"Tyler, I've thrown up on myself before. For no reason, either. I was just sick. You were going through chemo, baby. Chemo! It's not a big deal at all," Josh assured him.

Tyler shook his head and continued to walk to the bathroom.

"Part of being in a relationship is being vulnerable," Josh said. "Vulnerability is a big deal to you and me. It's why our relationship works. And yes, you were vulnerable then. And I'll be vulnerable like that sometime too. It's just part of being in a relationship. You just have to trust that I'll love you unconditionally."

Tyler shrugged, playing with his fingers.

"I love you," Josh said.

"I love you too," Tyler replied softly.

Josh walked up to him, holding both his hands out. Tyler took them.

"Thank you for taking care of me," Tyler said.

"It's an honor getting to and care of you," Josh replied, kissing his forehead. "I love you so much."

Tyler hugged him tightly, melting into his touch.

He loved his fiance, his fiancé loved him. And that was all that mattered.