Part 10

I met Chan in the middle of the courtyard the next morning. He had something "important" to tell me.

Chan's definition of important was usually stupid and over dramatic.

He had a mischievous grin on his face and his phone clutched in his hand.

"What is it this time? I asked.

"Don't act so smitten, Lix. We have another party to go too!"

I rolled my eyes. "You mean you have another party you have to go. After last time i think im okay." I began to turn around but Chan grabbed my shoulder.

"But Changbin will be there!" Chan squealed.

Like i even care. "Wow. That's so cool." I stated flatly. "Why do you even need me to go?"

"I like your prescence."

"How can you say that? You literally ditch me to go hang out with that girl." I explained. "Oh wait, that's why you want to go. Because that girl is gonna be there. Who even is she anyway?" I questioned.

"She's kinda the one hosting it." Chan squeaked out with a goofy grin. He clearly still liked this girl.

"I thought you didn't like this girl anymore?" I raised my eyebrow.

"After i left your house, i talked to her." Chan explained looking at the ground. "But will you go with me! I promise you'll have fun!!"

I rolled my eyes again but Chan looked me with wide eyes and a bright smile.

"Please!"

"Gosh, fine." I sighed, defeated. I could never win with him.

The bell rang and we headed to class.

____

I took longer than usual to pack up my things. All i had been thinking about was this party. I couldn't let Chan down. Even though he wouldn't care if i left.

I hate parties. I hate anything that involves irresponsible teens and alcoholic drinks. Those two things are an explosive combination.

Chan kept telling me it wouldn't be bad. I knew it wouldn't be bad, just boring.

Chan was really the only person i knew and i was certain he'd be with that girl the whole night.

"Come on, Lix. We are gonna be late." Chan whined.

"I doubt the party isn't ending anytime soon so don't get your panties in a twist." I said sharply.

"Geez, if you really don't wanna go, I'll take you home." He said coldly.

"Nope. I'm going." I said awfully cheerfully. God, I'm so stubborn.

"YAY!" Chan exclaimed putting his hand around my shoulders.

"Do you think she'd have anything non-alcoholic?" I asked as we walked outside.

"I'm sure she has a juice box somewhere." Chan joked, unlocking his car.

"Great. I hope she has carrot sticks and goldfish too." I replied, holding in my laughter.

"Gosh, you're such a baby!" Chan called out, pulling out of the parking lot.

"You're one to talk! You can't even go to. A party by yourself." I shot back giggling.

The rest of the ride we talked about our days while i silently dreaded our next stop.

Eventually, we reached a fancy house. It was clear that this girls family was very wealthy.

Me and Chan walked in and Chan was once again greeted by Hyunjin.

Hyunjin pointed to a girl near the tv in the giant living room. I assumed that was the host.

The girl had long, flat brown hair. She wore tight ripped jeans that showed off her skinny body. She was laughing with two other girls. One pointed to Chan and she started walking over to him. Her hips swayed with every step.

Although i was so close to them i felt father away. I watch them talk and then she led Chan to what i assumes was the kitchen. The girls name was Lauren.

I watched Hyunjin walked over towards the TV which displayed a football game. My eyes traveled to the people sitting at the couch.

Changbin was there and he was looking right at me.

I realized i needed to move. I had been standing in the same place as everyone went off their separate ways.

I made beeline to the kitchen. I could pretend i was doing something there. And maybe find Chan.

When i walked in, the scent of open liquor hit me. What the hell were these kids drinking?

I looked through a giant window over the sink. It led to a beautiful and spacious backyard. I realized that's where i wanted to be.

It was clearly deserted so i made sure no one was watching when i slipped out of the back door.

The sun was making its way down. But the overcast clouds above made it seem like night was already falling.

I sat down on a step, hopefully hidden from any windows. I studied the way the water spilled from the jacuzzi.

The sound of jingling brought me out of my thoughts. I listened for a second and suddenly a small dog trotted around the side of the house.

It was a white fluffy dog. It ran to me and sat in my lap. He was a small little thing that barely weighed anything in my lap.

In that moment, i really fit the introvert stereotype.

I mean really, i was sitting outside during a party hanging with a dog.

So much for a party.

A/N
Yo yo yo🤠this is a two part chapter so when i get home from school today I'm gonna update again

Hope you guys are swell