part 25

@feelixlee

While walking down the hallway my eyes fell upon an unfamiliar sight. Chan and Changbin stalked the hallway sharing an engaging conversation. I quickly entered the classroom and sat down. At first i was confused, shocked even, but then i remembered what Chan had told me in his car. They are friends, i thought. I couldn't help but feel a tinge of jealousy.
My hint of envy disappeared as Chan sat down next to me, shooting me a bright smile.
"New friend," i quizzed, glancing to Changbin who was standing by the doorway. He was chatting with his friends probably about the same thing.
"Yeah, he's a good person, Lix." Chan assured, picking up on my skepticism. "Maybe if you get to know him you'll wanna be his friend too." Chan teased, but i swear i could hear a quiet truth in his words.
Throughout class it was strange to see the two exchange simple conversations but i quickly brushed it off and attempted to focus on my work. Soon the letters blurred together and i decided to close my eyes for just a couple seconds, leaning my head on my hands.
"Felix?" A loud voice called. "Felix?"
It took me a second to blink myself back to reality as i followed the voice to the front of the classroom.
"Felix, sweetie, you're going to be with Changbin, okay?" The teacher called.
I nodded quickly, taking a moment to comprehend her words. I leaned against my chair to stretch my back and looked at Chan.
"This is your chance." he mouthed to me, a playful smile dancing at his lips. I rolled my eyes. It couldn't be that bad, i assured myself, i'll just get my work done and be over with it.
"You may get with your partners now!" the teacher clasped her hands together which initiated the annoying sound of squeaky desks moving across linoleum.
Changbin looked at me with a genuine smile. Okay, off to a good start, i assume.
"So, any ideas for number one?" he asked, pushing his desk closer to mine.
i looked him straight in the eye, "Deadass, i have no idea what we're doing."
That earned me a laugh from the older and i began to relax into his presence.
"I thought you'd say that. I made sure to pay extra careful attention to the assignment."
His sudden words of thoughtfulness caused me to blush. So then I pretended to cough.
I looked around the classroom, noticing the odd glances from students.
"Why is everyone looking at us weird?" i asked, genuinely oblivious at first.
"I have no idea." he replied, looking down and marking his paper.
That's when i realized why everyone was giving us peculiar stares. I began to blush again but decided to distract myself with the work at hand.
"Why are you embarrassed?"
I looked up and met Changbin's eyes, suddenly at a loss for words.
"I am not!" i kicked his foot under the table.
"Hey!" He lifted his hand to hit me and i braced for impact but he ended up just lightly tapping me on the shoulder. I laughed.
"That really hurt, Changbin. I might have to report you to the principal."
"You're so full of it, Felix."
"Not as much as you!" i made a pathetic counter and Changbin smiled which made me smile and we both sat there grinning like idiots for what felt like an eternity.
"Okay, Felix we really need to get this done." Changbin almost pleaded. "My grade in this class really isn't the best and now that i'm partnered up with you, I can use your smartness to my advantage." He joked, giving me a sly smile.
"Well maybe if you tell me the directions.." I trailed, hiding my amusement from his almost compliment.
"Oh, right, okay so..."

The rest of the class went by smoothly. As it turns out, Changbin isn't the hardest person to work with. Though his knowledge of the topic was close to none, he tried to take in as much information as possible for my sake. Maybe Chan was right, maybe Changbin wasn't as bad as i made him out to be.

A/N
regular updates? go mf crazy. Hope all you guys are well!!

Q/A : Favorite food/snack ?? mine is pasta 😔🤚🏼