part 32

@feelixlee

My heart raced as the bell rang. Students began filing out of the classroom. I grabbed the beanie out of my bag and clutched it in my hand.

I just need to give it back.

It was now or never, i thought while exiting the classroom. He should be coming down the hallway soon.

I began walking in the opposite direction, hoping to look nonchalant but when i spotted him i stopped for a second.

He looked even better now that i couldn't have him. My heart wiltered.

I didn't know what to do so i stood there waiting for him to pass so i could give him his damn beanie. I didn't know what to say i just needed it out of my house, out of my mind.

As he came closer i forced my brain to start working.

"uh, hey." i mumbled, reaching out my hand to tap his shoulder but i quickly retracted it. He slowed down. His facial expression seemed to soften.
"Woah! What's going on here?" Hyunjin butted in from behind changbin. He began to laugh.
Changbins expression changed and i knew i lost him.
"I don't know, Hyunjin. Lets go." he growled turning away.
"No, no, it looks like Felix wants to say something," Hyunjin floated around me, taunting me.
I watched their faces. What do i say? At this point the hallway started to fill with curious bystanders.
"I was just giving this back."  i held out the hat.
"Is that yours, Changbin? You gave that to him?" hyunjin wheezed. He seemed to find this situation hilarious.
I waited for Changbins response, hoping he'd back me up.
"That's not mine." he said harshly, pushing my hand away. "I've never seen that shit a day in my life."
My heart broke completely at this. Each word filled me with hurt. I couldn't figure out what to say except for a small "but". My voice was drowned out by Hyunjin.
"You loser, what's your problem with Changbin, huh? You're so obsessed with him. Fucking freak."
I thought for sure it couldn't get worse than Hyunjin grilling me in front of everyone but oh it did. It took me everything not to cry or scream or show any emotion. I was frozen in my spot.
Changbin piped up again, looking up at me, "I never liked you. It was all a joke and you really took it seriously." He smiled. "Now leave me alone you fucking weirdo."
"What the hell did you just say?" A familiar voice jumped in.
I looked to see Chan standing next to me. I didn't even notice him. I could only focus on Changbins words, all a joke. I knew it from the start but it still stung to hear him confirm it for me and everyone in the hallway to hear.
It took only a split second for Chan to get up in both of their faces. The bell rang loudly. I needed to stop things before they got worse.
Chan began to push changbin against the lockers.
"Stop!" i shouted but Chan was too enraged to hear me.
Hyunjin had cleared the scene the minute Chan laid his hand on Changbin. Some friend he was.
"Chan please, stop." I pleaded but he wouldn't listen. I pried his arm away and he let it fall, taking a breath. "Chan it's okay, i don't need you to fight my battles." His breath was ragged. He was mad.
Changbin slid to the floor. He hadn't even bothered fighting back.
Chan brushed his hands on his shirt and looked at Changbin, "Fuck you." was all he said before walking off.
I gave one look at Changbin, slumped on the floor, attending to his cut lip before tossing his damn hat at him.
"maybe use this to clean it up." i said through gritted teeth.
I didn't mean for my voice to come out as cold as it did but i didn't regret it. I was upset.
I started to walk away and i heard him call my name. I couldn't turn around now, my eyes welled with hot tears.

I walked away, and never looked back.

A/N
so.... this was not as intense as i wanted it to be #sad :(( hope u enjoyed it though!
The teaser for the comeback are SO good ima so excited!

Q/A: What are you guys up to? Hobbies, work, school etc.