part 29

@sxochangbin

i started at the ceiling, smiling wide. Last night with felix left me unexplainably happy. It all felt so, so natural. The thought of being with a boy like Felix didn't seem as horrible as i once made it out to be. The way he looked in my beanie, his cute smile when he was comforting me. It made my heart flutter.
For once, i hadn't regretted telling someone about my parents. Though i don't seem to have it as bad as others, it felt nice to have Felix console me.

I began memorizing the patterns in the roof when my phone dinged and i checked it eagerly. Quietly hoping it was a text from felix. Instead it was from hyunjin. I hadn't talk to him in a while. Slight disappointment washed over me as i opened the chat.

Hyunjin
lets hang, my house @ 2?

i sighed. i didn't want to go. i was slowly feeling like i didn't fit in there. And if they somehow found out i kissed Felix on my own will, i'd be the talk of the entire school. They would call me gay. which wasn't a bad thing if it meant i'd be with Felix. But still, the thought of everyone knowing scared me. What if people didn't like me if i came out? I found myself wondering what it was like for Felix. When the school found out he was gay he seemed to just go on about his life, not caring what people thought.

The phone rang again.

Hyunjin
Hello??

i thought it over. Id hang out for a couple hours, nothing more just to get them off my back. After, i can come home and maybe call Felix. The thought instilled me with cheerfulness as i got ready to leave.

______

"Want a drink?" hyunjin asked, tossing a bottle to Jisung as he plopped down in a chair.
"Nah, im good." I turned down his offer. I couldn't even get close to drunk with everything that's happened. A few drinks and one slip up later and everything will be in shambles.
"Why not? Chan's turned you sober?" Jisung jabbed.
I ignored him.
We chatted for a bit, well Jisung and Hyunjin talked, i just answered whatever questions theyd ask me.
I felt a buzz in my pocket and pulled out my phone.

Felix
chan and jacqueline are making cookies AGAIN please get me out of here

I smiled at his text and replied. Felix never blatantly flirted with me and for some reason it made me more attracted to him. He was just, Felix.

"dude, what are you smiling at your phone for?" Hyunjin quizzed.
"Yeah, you've been so quiet." Jisung added.
"Parents arguing again?"
"Guys chill, im just answering a text. And by the way, your conversations are dry as hell." i answered, rolling my eyes.
"Lisa?"
"Yeah, i guess." i shrugged. The less they know, the better.
"Well maybe our conversations wouldnt be as boring if you had a drink?" Hyunjin offered once again. "We're currently discussing how many cans of white claw it would take to reach the moon and back."
I considered my options. One drink does nothing to me. As long as i only have one cup then i'll be okay. I needed a way to relieve some of my stress anyway.
"Fine." i decided. "Pass me the fireball." I took a swig and washed it down with coke. The familiar cinnamon taste filled me with warmth. Alcohol was so much better when you're underage.

After some time, i could feel my head spinning. and a hazy feeling took over. Nonetheless, i still remained rather quiet.
"so, Lisa?" Jisung said. A sad attempt at pivoting the conversation towards me.
"What about her?" i asked.
"What's she like?"
"Oh, she's nice." i replied vaguely. "pretty too."
Hyunjin suddenly piped up, "yeah that's what Lauren says." he took a sip. "if she's that nice of a friend she'd make an even better girlfriend."
I almost choked on my drink but i held back. I needed to keep my bluff.
"Yeah, Im thinking of asking her soon." This was far from the truth.
The room began to grow warm as i waited fir any response. Quickly, i excused myself, eager to get out of the room.
I set my phone down and practically sprinted to the bathroom.

Their questions seemed so forced, it's like they know me and Felix kissed and they're just trying to get me to admit it. I stared at myself in the mirror. The mention of Felix brought a smile to my face. I couldn't remember how much time had passed since i checked my phone for his texts.

Oh shit. My phone.

I quickly hurried out of the bathroom silently, hoping to God my phone wasn't in the hands of Hyunjin or Jisung. But i was already too late as i reached the living room. Both boys doubled over the phone, examining it closely.

"What the hell are you doing?" i asked, trying not to let my anger show.

Both boys looked up and started laughing.
"You're talking to the gay kid?" hyunjin questioned.

"His name is Felix." i stated, clenching my jaw.

"But you're still texting him? Why?"

"Are you gay?" Jisung laughed, but i knew he was serious.

I couldn't think of an excuse or any way to save myself other than admit the truth.

"You guys are hilarious," i started laughing. "He keeps texting me, and i don't know why. I'm only answering him because i feel bad. You know how it is."

My hearted raced as i tried to seem calm. Jisung tossed my phone back at me. It was still locked. They could only see the name of the person who texted me, not the contents of the message. Thank, God.

"We were just toying with you," Hyunjin admitted. "We know youd never date a boy, let alone Felix."
Jisung laughed at this, he seemed to find the whole situation amusing considering he's been awfully close to that Minho kid.

Hyunjin had a point. I wouldn't date a boy. And it would never be Felix. Last night was a mistake. I don't like Felix. Kissing him was just like kissing a girl.

Instead of looking at Felix's text, i deleted the chat completely, hoping he wouldn't send anything else.

It felt like part of me was crushed at my realization but i was also relieved. Nobody would have to know.

Felix would get the metaphorical message sooner or later and that would be that. I should distance myself from Chan too, just incase he invites me somewhere with Felix.

This plan relaxed me. Felix would be out of my life in a matter of days and everything would go back to the way it was. Partying, underage drinking, pretty girls, bad grades. I just slipped up.

Everything was going to be okay now.

A/N
hey dudes!! sorry if there are spelling errors i didn't feel like editing again. We're getting super close to the best part of the story uwu

Q/A: do you have twt? pls drop and we can mutuals

have a good night/day !! love you<3