part 22

@feelixlee

Ah yes, friday mornings. My favorite. But only because any work i get on friday isn't due until Monday.
I felt my bed for my phone, eager to check my texts. I sat up.
None from Chan and no more from Changbin. I don't know why i expected him to text me back i told him to just forget about it.
Sometimes at night Chan will send me long paragraphs about whatever's on his mind and when i wake up the next morning i'll waste some time still sitting in my bed to reply to him.  He didn't send me anything last night which left me concerned.

Nonetheless, i hopped out of bed and did my usual routine. When i reached the kitchen i found Jacqueline fumbling with a plastic bag. Usually she'd just be waking up at this time.
"What are you doing?"
"I baked cookies." she answered, handing me a bag. "Just don't make it obvious that i freshly baked these cookies at 6 am for him."
"Of course." i laughed. "But where's mine?"
"here" she threw me another bag. My cookies looked sad in comparison to Chans.
"Wow thanks."
"Love you!" She smiled.
"Yep, love you too." I said flatly as i walked out the door. She really cares about Chan. Maybe i can get him to come over after school.

As i entered the school parking lot i noticed Chan's car. He doesn't come to school early. He's always right on time when the bell rings.
I walked up to his car and lightly knocked on the window. Chan had he head back, sleeping, but he jumped and unlocked the car.
I slid in and greeted him softly.
"You didn't sleep?" i asked even though we both knew.
"No." he sighed, running his hands through his mess of curls.
"You should really eat something." i offered, taking out the bag of cookies. "Jacqueline made them. I think she knows you're feeling bad."
"She made them for me?" He asked, taking the bag and pulling out a cookie.
"Yeah."
He offered me the bag and i took one too and watched the sunrise from behind the school building.
"So where did you go?" i asked.
"The park." he paused. "Met up with a friend."
"What friend?" i inquired, now intrigued.
"Changbin."
I dropped my mouth but closed it quickly. This is no big deal i thought as i tried to hide my astonishment. Instead of questioning Chan, i let out a simple "oh" not wanting to push him.
"It's funny." Chan started. "What he said to me, i mean."
"What did he say?" my heart quickened. Did he talk about me?
"He said he was sorry about Lauren."
My breathing returned to normal and i sighed. What was i even expecting him to say? "It must mean something if it's coming from him."
"He couldn't sleep either. Didn't want to be at home was his excuse. He is so odd, that Changbin. I'm wondering if he really should be considered a "bad boy"."
I longed to know more. To know how long they talked or what they talked about but i didn't want to push Chan since he's already been through a lot lately.
"Anyways." Chan clasped his hands and smiled. "The bell is about to ring, lets get going shall we?"
"Yeah of course." I replied, grabbing my bag and hopping out of the car. I didn't question Chan's sudden mood change but i had a feeling it had to with the fact that he was going to see Lauren and Hyunjin together next period.
"Even if i'm not over her at least i can pretend i am."
I smiled.
"Oh, and Felix please don't forget to tell Jacqueline thank you for the cookies. They were actually really good. I'll need to steal the recipe one day."
i smiled even wider now, knowing that the cookies made Chan feel even a slight bit of genuine happiness right now.

Lauren: -1
Jacqueline: 1

Yooo yup this is me updating during quarantine because i have too much free time on my hands. Please enjoy this :)