part 21

@sxochangbin

Am i actually stupid? Like dumb dumb. This is the last time i'm going drinking with Jisung and Hyunjin. My head throbbed and i felt dazed. I couldn't sleep, and didn't want to go back home.

I walked through the park, trying to find a good spot to watch this sunrise. I decided to skip school, definitely not because of the Felix Fiasco but because i just didn't want to go.

The sky above me morphed from twilight to purple, to pink in minutes. I was still walking around when i saw a partially empty bench facing the lake. Surely that stranger wouldn't mind me sitting next to them.

As i got closer the stranger on the bench didn't look like a stranger anymore.

"Chan?" i whispered.

I didn't think he heard me but his head turned toward me and then back to the sky. I took this as an invitation to sit.

"Can't sleep?"

Chan nodded. "too much on my mind."

"yeah me too." I paused. "I'm sorry about Lauren."

Finally, Chan fully turned to me. He looked at me like he was going to ask why but his expression changed and he let out a simple "oh".

"Nice sunrise" i stated, trying to change the subject.

"So, it's official?" Chan hummed, still not quiet looking at me. "i mean, her and him."

I studied his face, dark circles over sunken eyes. Embedded frown. I felt almost bad for him. Chan just looked so genuinely sad.

"If i'm honest, i have no idea." I tried. "Hyunjin never knows what he wants."

Chan let out a dry laugh. "You know what it's like too feel not good enough? Well, of course not, you're seo changbin, the bad boy that everyone looks up too."

I took his statement with a grain of salt. I've had my fair share of 'not good enough' days. 1 too many probably.

"Why are you even talking to me?" Chan started again.

"Why does everyone always act like i can't talk to them!" i exclaimed.

"Well you aren't necessarily that nice. Or approachable to most people." Chan grinned slightly. "also including the fact that you only really talk to outsiders of your group when you need something from-"

"Okay OKAY! I get it!" I stammered. "and for the record i didn't even recognize you until i sat down."

"yeah whatever." Chan started. "Why are you out here anyway?"

Shit. Why was i really out here? "Just couldn't sleep. Don't wanna be at home."

"Family issues?"

I shrugged. He didn't need to know. We sat in comfortable silence for a little bit, just watching the sun rise.

"You still going to school?" Chan asked.

"Nope." I shook my head. "Why? Are you?"

"Felix. He's worried about me." Chan answered, sitting up.

I looked at him, knowing he was lying. I mean if he wants to see lauren and hyunjin together so be it. I wasn't going to stop him.

"It was nice talking to you, Changbin."

"Yeah, You too." I replied. And i meant it too.

A/N
HELLO GUYS!!!
I just finished school and i've been busy doing so many things including attending stray kids unveil tour in HTX :))) Im sorry for not updating but i swear i'm writing more chapters lol!

Anyways Love yOu ! <3