Chapter 1

"No! What the hell do you mean? I'm getting married! How can I marry a guy I don't even know?" I scream at my dad. He just sits there not saying anything while my mom tries her best to calm me down.

"Honey we're sorry but there nothing we can do". My mom says regret written all over her face. "Your grandad had already signed the contract so please just do it, for the sake of the family. I know we're asking too much but we really have no choice" she pleads with folded arms.

I just got back from law school and it turns out I'm betrothed to Liam Price. My grandfather's best friend's son. I didn't know Liam cause I have been in boarding school all my life plus he was my senior and coming home to find out that my grandfather had planned an arranged marriage for Liam and I is not like other arranged marriages where you could get out in one year, we had to be together for three years or my family loses everything.

I can't believe my grandfather would do something like this. I have tried to talk to him but he still strongly believes Liam will be the best man for me. How am I supposed to get married to a guy I don't love but most especially what am I going to tell Mark my boyfriend.

My dad finally gets up from the chair and paced around the room, he's yet to say a word. He finally clears his throat and speaks to me "Honey, I know you're upset I have tried to talk to your grandfather but he refuses to agree. I'm sorry there's nothing we can do, I know how much you love Mark and how much he loves you but my hands are tied" he says.

I can't believe they just want me to leave my life and start a new life as Mrs Price like I didn't work so hard to go to law school to end up as a housewife and leave the love of my life because I need to be the perfect wife for Liam.

"What do you mean your hands are tied? What am I going to say to Mark?" Never in my life did I ever think something like this would happen to me. I read a lot of this like this on wattpad and the girl ends up falling in love but I know that could never be the case here cause I'm not in love with my soon to be husband and I could never because my heart already belongs to someone else.

I storm out of the study going up to my room. I can't believe my life is about to be ruined all thanks to my family.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All this still feels like a dream to me. it hasn't been up to 24 hours I was informed about my soon to be marital status, I don't know why I have to be the one to do it, I don't know what the guy looks like.

I pick up my phone and decide to google Liam Price. I have heard a lot of rumours but I have never seen him before and I will have to admit the rumours are true, he's very attractive but not the type of guy I'll want to marry or want to be with he's more like the I want to lick chocolate off your body one night stand attractive type of guy. I see pictures of him with a ton of celebrities, I guess now that he is the heir to Price Industries he has to mingle with a lot of celebrities.

People are right when they say Google is your friend, it makes stalking so much easier. Apparently, Liam isn't the first child and wasn't the actual heir of Price Industries. It used to be his brother Chris but Chris forfeited his position in the company to marry his wife Lola. So I'm guessing Liam won't be as happy about this marriage also. Just as I was thinking of ways to contact him my phone pings and I see a message from an unknown number.

"We need to talk"

Who still sends we need to talk messages?
It obviously can't be someone I'm close to because I rarely give anyone my number except family and a few friends so who could it be?

"Who is this?" I replied to the text message curious as to who was texting me. Cause when someone hits you with " we need to talk " it must be pretty serious. I send the text and a response comes back almost immediately.