Chapter 4

"Asia this is really itchy" I whine waiting for Liam to come to pick me up, he better gets me those Beyoncé tickets, or else he's going to catch these hands.

"Take off the fur then" she replies paying no attention to me.

"You don't show me, love, I'm going to get a new boyfriend and you're going to wish you spent time with me then" I say trying to gain her attention but I'm stunned when I see Liam at the door "How long have you been there?"

"Like two seconds, wait what happened between you and the boyfriend?" He asks, I know he means no harm, but Mark is a really sensitive topic and I'm not about to discuss him so I change the topic.

"We should get going" I replied picking up my purse and walking out the door leaving him and Asia inside. After a while, he joins me outside.

He's been driving for thirty minutes now, we've been quiet since we are not really friends so I don't really know what to say to him. The silence isn't awkward, it's just peaceful.

"Can I turn on the radio?" I ask my hand already on the button.

"Yeah sure whatever is mine will be yours in a few days anyway?" he says which gives me a ton of ideas.

"In that case, pass me the AUX cord" he passes me the cord which I connect to my iPhone. It takes a while for me to find the perfect BTS song to go with my mood today. After scrolling for minutes, I decide to go with euphoria.
The song was blasting through the speakers. I was waiting for Liam to finally snap and change the song or complain but he just keeps on driving without saying anything while I mumble the lyrics to BTS songs like I knew the lyrics.

"Are you not going to say anything?" I ask

"About what?"

"I don't know me blasting BTS in your ca "

He smiles before he finally replies to me. "My sister listens to a ton of BTS, I'm pretty sure my dad knows the lyrics to their song at this point" he says. I didn't even know he had a sister I thought they were just two and now I love her because she's a BTS fan and I can finally have someone to talk to about how amazing the new album is.

"We're here" he says making me snap out of my thoughts. His family house is really massive and there's stuff everywhere, they must really think they're royalty because they live like it.
I already see Liam's mom at the entrance, I met her a few times with my mother preparing for the wedding and making sure nothing that triggered Liam's allergies would be present during the wedding.

She seems like a lovely woman and it's obvious she cares about her children a lot but loves being in control of everything. Liam helps me out of the car as we make our way to his parents now I regret wearing a short dress, I feel so exposed as if they could see through my skeleton.

"Thank you," I say expressing gratitude, "Good evening, Mrs Price".

"You will soon be the new Mrs Price, come here and give me a hug darling" she says with her hands wide open gesturing for me to hug her.

I met the rest of Liam's family and his sister Kayleigh was exactly as I expected, she's the sweetest girl. Chris and Lola could not attend because they couldn't get a babysitter last minute. Liam's dad was quiet throughout dinner and asked me a few questions. I guess he's a man of few words.

It is time for us to leave. I quickly exchanged numbers with Kayleigh and got into Liam's car. We fell silent for a while but not the awkward silence.

"I'm sorry, my mom can be really exhausting. I tried to stop her from asking you too many questions" he sighs.

"I love your mom and believe me my mother is worse, you weren't here while the wedding planning was going on that's why you think your mom is annoying, she really cares about you guys". I reply trying to make him at ease but at the same time, I meant every word I said.

"Wow! I'm surprised and she seems to like you a lot, I mean she hates all my girlfriends and she really hates Angelique because she describes her as "risqué " he air quotes making me burst into laughter, he's actually hilarious, too bad we won't see each other after our wedding.

"I mean she does post a lot of risqué pictures on Instagram" I reply also air quoting the risqué.

"Wait how do you know she has a lot of naked photos on IG, do you stalk her?" he asks making fun of me "Now Kourtney, I know I'm a huge catch but I didn't think you would fall for me that easily" he jokes.

"Stop mocking me and focus on driving. I didn't even know who she was and Asia told me and I stalked her Instagram on Asia's phone and because it wasn't my phone it isn't stalking. I was just surfing the web Mr Price" I reply in the same mocking tone.

"Yeah, whatever" he rolls his eyes. He's quiet for a while before he finally speaks" so are you going to tell me what happened between you and the boyfriend" he asks.

"Well, he didn't want to be in a relationship with a married woman" I respond trying to mask the hurt in my voice.

"Well, it's his loss because he'll be missing out on a very sexy married woman" he says focusing on the road. He is probably saying I'm sexy to make me feel better cause compared to Angelique I look like a coin.

"Yeah, a really sexy coin" he says. Making me scream and slap my forehead. I need to stop thinking out loud, what is wrong with me?

We finally get to my apartment after driving for thirty minutes. Liam was being such a gentleman, he helped me open the door. This is probably how he woos all of his sexual partners.

We walk to my doorstep and I'm about to open the door to my apartment when he grabs my arm.

"What?" I ask, confused as to why he stopped me from opening my door.

"Don't I get or deserve a kiss?" he asks. I stare at him for a little while trying to decipher if he was messing with me and he looked pretty serious.

"Good night Liam" I respond as I walk into my apartment shutting the door.