Chapter 48

Now that you're here please follow my page @regularlagosgirl on Instagram thank you ❤️❤️.

As soon as we arrive at the hospital mrs price , Kayleigh we're seated , Kayleigh's eyes were red signifying she cried , who wouldn't I would be crying if my dad hooked up to machines too .

" hey" she says as I walk up to her and embrace her in the tightest hug .

" how is he ? " Liam ask's his mum and she just nods her head , she looks exhausted you could see her eye bags and tell the hadn't slept well in a while . I say hello to mrs price and take seat next to Kayleigh while Liam went to the doctors office .
A knock at the door distracts us gaining our attention as jake comes in with a bouquet of flowers hugging mrs price and handing the bouquet to Kayleigh.

" hey kourt " he says pulling me in for an unexpected hug considering I haven't seen him since my wedding " how's Shrek " he asks making me confused .

" shrek ? " I ask again for clarification.

" oh sorry Liam " he says giggling " no one would tell their wife they were called shrek by their best friends through out college " he adds taking a seat as we all wait for Liam's return silently.

I notice jake squeeze Kayleigh's Hands gently but ignore it. I don't want to read meaning to something that's not there , he's just a guy comforting his best friends sister and I'm just a creep reading meaning into things .

" where's Asia ? " Kayleigh ask's .

" she couldn't come " I respond sadly .

" what did you do ? " she asks Turing to my direction .

" why does everyone always assume I did something " I reply defensively .

" have you met yourself ? " she asks .

" wow you and Liam are definitely related "I reply as he just said the same thing to me a couple minutes ago " we may or may not have argued and she may or may not be talking to me " I add .

" I see " she replies " apologized yet ? " she asks and nod my head slowly I notice mrs price dozing off silently where she sat , the poor woman was exhausted .

" I'm gonna go find Liam " jakes announces as he makes his way out the door and we both nod our heads in acknowledgement .

" back to you " Kayleigh says hitting me on my arm " why didn't you tell me dad was sick ? " she asks as I immediately felt like I was being ambushed .

" I'm sorry I just didn't think it was my place to say , I'm sorry " I apologize again I didn't want to break their trust " so how did you find out " I ask .

" anytime I called everyone was acting weird and I hadn't been able to get hold of dad so I squeezed the truth out of jake " she says and I just nod my head .

" so jake huh ? "

" what's wrong with him " she asks looking at me as if searching for answers.

" nothing he's cool " I reply .

" yeah I guess " she replies and types away on her phone .

Not so long after Liam and jake walk in not saying a word he moves to where his mom sat and hands her a cup of coffee and throws bag of Cheetos to Kayleigh which she catches effortlessly, you can tell she was used to this .

" Chris and Lola are flying in tonight " he announces and takes a seat next to me . He slowly leans into me and whispers in my ear " ill wait for you at the lobby in five minutes " and I just nod my head so many scenarios were playing In my head . In approximately five minutes Liam's stands up and makes his way out the room and I follow suit " I need to pee " I announce and regret it as soon as it comes out causing everyone to give me weird stares .

As soon I get to the lobby I didn't spot Liam at first and was about to go back in till I spot him seated on one of the chairs and head to where he was seated " hi " I announce my presence like he didn't already know I was here .

" hi " he replies back " we need to talk " he announces.

" I figured "

"And I need you to be reasonable for once please "he says I'm not sure if I should feel insulted or not so I just sit down quietly.
" look the thing with Angelique is not what you think.yeah we may have dated on and off for three years , things were great at first but she changed drastically since her career blew off so things became different so regardless of whether you came into the picture we would have been over , also her coming to my office was a misunderstanding and I don't know how many times I need to explain that to you but it really wasn't what it looked like also I don't get why you're ignoring me this is childish as hell kourtney if we're going to live together I can't put up with this anymore and Kayleigh is going to be moving in so you're going to have to move back in or you can choose to stay in one of the other rooms but you'll have to be the one to explain our unique situation to her " he says stressing on the word unique .

I do a couple of breathing exercises trying to compose my self "I'm sorry " i reply looking down at the floor cause I didn't want to have to face him "  I know the Angelique thing was a misunderstanding cause of how hard you tried to explain it to me and cause she may have sent me a text to apologize to me " I add which shocks him I didn't want to tell him this before also cause somewhere deep down I didn't want him  to be right "  I just keep doing foolish things and I'm sorry I acted so childish and had been ignoring you "
He just nods his head " it's fine , let's just start over " he says and I nod my head in agreement " hi my name is Liam price and I like you a lot " he says causing he to blush " kourtney price and I feel the exact same way" I reply and he embraces me pulling me in for a deep long Kiss  till we're interrupted by someone clearing their throat.

" I don't understand kids of these days making out everywhere like it's some damn hotel room  " an old man says in distaste looking at the both of us .

" oh let them be Arthur " the woman next to him I assume is his wife says " I apologize on behalf of my husband he got a couple of shots and is grouchy " she adds flashing us a smile while we both nod our heads giggling as we made our way back to the hospital room .