Chapter 67

Angelique's POV

I sit at the table a while longer playing sims when an airdrop notification pops up on my screen and I accept it. I  open the number and decide to send armon a message.

". Hey, it's the lady you met at your job the other day. I heard you got fired I'm so. sorry about that, is there a way we can get to meet? "

There is no response right away so I place my phone down staring at the scenery till my order arrives.

He finally agreed to meet the next day at some cafe close to his house just in case I was a kidnapper and honestly, I respect it. Can't be too careful with all the human trafficking going on right now. I liked this boy and I wish I had someone that wanted to help me growing up. I had Jessica but it wasn't the same, she was my sibling she had no choice but to believe in me. Jessica has kinda always believed in me. I remember when I was in high school and one of my teachers was trying to blackmail me to have sex with him and she found out. She got the boys in our hood to beat him up and he never bothered me again, great memories.
I pick up my phone and decided to call my sister. She's against my relationship with Andre and does understand why I don't want to "fight" to get William back.

I'm tired of fighting, that's not my man anymore.

He's about to become a daddy. He's already a daddy but you get what I mean.

I scroll through my IG profile and a notification from an IG page I was tagged in pops up @angelliam4eva. It was a " fan page" of pictures of William am I. the post reminded me that this time 2 years ago I was on vacation fucking the man I thought I loved on a private beach in Cabo.

I block the IG page and move on. I wasn't that person anymore plus I knew if Andre saw a picture like that on my phone, he would be furious.  I head back to my room and like clockwork, the receptionist had informed me my husband delivered a bunch of roses.

" my fiancé. I'm not married yet" I correct him

" sorry ma'am " he responds

I accept his apology and make my way back to my room after instructing him to please give the flowers to the women who worked here.

Jessica decided to come to see me at the hotel so I waited patiently for her while catching up on my plethora of uncompleted Netflix series. 

-~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was woken up from my sleep abruptly by the sound of the hotel landline ringing.

Turns out Jess was finally here and they needed permission to let her up which I willingly gave.
10 minutes later, a knock at the door let's me know she's finally here. As soon as I open the door she starts to inspect my body for any signs of scarring.

" I don't understand why you are with this Andre guy, he's a thug and he's good for nothing " she sighs " this is all Liam's fault. If he didn't marry that girl you wouldn't be with this thug "

I know better than to Talk back while she rants.
" I chose Andre, Liam didn't. would I be with Andre if Liam didn't shatter my heart into pieces, who knows? I'm not God"

" whatever it still that girls fault getting pregnant and trapping him "

" she got pregnant after the wedding Jessica, I doubt she did any trapping except within her legs " I replied " he loves her and I love Andre"

" you know damn well you hate that man but, whatever makes you sleep at night," she says " how are you feeling " she adds.

" Great, I met a boy."

" hmmm"

" Relax he's a kid, He seems interesting. He's a struggling kid I just want to help him. I wish I had someone help me while I was a kid yunno. Life is tough."

" you're right, life is tough" she responds. " great you want to help the kid"

" yeah "

My phone starts to vibrate once again and it's text messages from Andre and I ignore it. That man doesn't know when to stop.

I wonder if our wedding is still on. Jessica gives me a strange look and for some reason, it was like she knew who the message was from and quickly snatched my phone to see what he had sent.

Andre: I miss you, please let's talk.

" he's such a loser" jess says reading the message.

" he's my fiance jess " I reply.

She types something on my phone and by the time I realized she had pressed send.
I quickly grab my phone to check the message.

" we are done " it read.

It's like all the cells In my body were exploding at once. I tried to unsend the message but he had already read it. " why would you do that !!" I yell.

" he's not good for you"

" I don't care. I don't give you lectures on your relationship Jessica. Why would you do this to me. One man has already left me I don't need another one leaving me too. I'm not like you, I'm a public figure my breakups aren't like yours I can't be jumping from man to man!! They'll stigmatize me like Taylor Swift, if you cared about me, this is not the way to show it"

I hated being mad at Jessica, she's my only sibling or only surviving family member but, sometimes she crosses the line. I understand that her intentions are out of concern but sometimes intentions just don't cut it. I'm tired of people trying to force me to leave this man, if I want to, I want it done on my own terms not cause there is so much pressure to break up.

Is he an ass?
Absolutely

But he's also a great man. I'm already so stressed with the dent the William drama has done on my reputation.

I just want to live.

" well I'm clearly not going to watch you ruin your life over some guy , I'm your sister. Unlike that man, I give a shit about you"

" if you do give a shit about me then respect my choices"

" no with this man" she says picking her bag. "Let me know when you are back to your senses" she says before slamming the hotel room door.