Chapter 37

" what the hell is this " he bark holding my phone in his hand

" what is it ? " I ask confused by his yelling and he throws the phone on the bed and I pick it up and see the text messages .

" oh " I silently went through the messages .

" oh , oh that's all You have to say " he barks he paces around the room for a moment hands in akimbo " you know what I've had it in calling my lawyers " he says and storms out of the room the last thing I heard was the sound of doors being slammed While I sat on the bed in utter silence.

" ain't this some shit " I say to my self as I try to get off the bed trying to get my self together , my sleep had been wiped away by a barking husband .

I decide to take a shower and change into my robe , I wasn't in the right frame of mind to argue and Liam is yet to return but on the bright side he's somewhere in the house . I'm leaving him to cool off .

I sat down to finish my nighttime routine probably just wasting time before I start a shouting match with Liam .

I gather my courage picking up my phone to find Liam , I find him seated in the study with a bottle of whisky in front of him .

" hi " I say announcing my presence as I enter the study . He doesn't look towards my direction and I take a seat next to him and he tries to get up which results to me holding him down " you're not running away " I state .

" I'm not in the mood for this " he states firmly .

" it's not what you think " I state and he scoffs and takes a gulp of his whisky .

" I think that line is over used ,pick something else " he replies " if you want to lie to me at least lie correctly " he scoffs .

We sit in silence , so many words left unsaid for a few moments .
" contacted your lawyer yet ? " I say teasing while he turns to me sternly .

" cut the bullshit " he replies and types away on his phone ignoring me .
I decide to text him if he decides to not speak to me he didn't say not to text him .

" hiiiiiiiiiiiiiii " I type and press send . He I hear his phone ping and he turns to stare at me probably from seeing my text message . He reads it and doesn't respond so I decide to text him a few more times .

" nice hair " I sent.

" hiiiii"

" reply meeeeeeee "

" oi Liam "

" reply me you old monkey "
he reads all my messages without responding to any .
I screenshot my messages with mark and send it to Liam  , I hear his phone vibrate one more time .

" I'm not going to text someone in the same room as me when we could just communicate " he states .

" well I'm trying and you're the one not talking to me " I retort .

" maybe it's cause I give you so many chances and you keep on pulling these stupid shit " he states firmly .

" maybe it's cause I'm not a saint and I don't act like I'm  the only one making these stupid mistakes " I reply furiously " it's not what you think and rather than give me the room to explain you you storm out and drown your self in whisky " I add .

He stares at me blankly for a minute without saying a word " that still doesn't change anything " he yells back  .

" but I did try to explain to you and you weren't having it " I reply " what more do you want from me " I add exhausted from all the arguing .

" how do you expect him to let go of you if you keep entertaining him " he says storming out and I follow behind him .

" I'm not the only one entertaining my ex " I reply back .

" you of all have people know I don't do that anymore " he fires back .

" and what makes you think I do ? " I ask .

" who knows , probably the text messages in your phone " he replies sarcastically .

We make our way towards the bedroom with Liam walking in a fast pace and my tiny legs trying to catch up with him .

" slow down will you " I yell after him trying to catch up while he ignores me leaving alone  standing in the hall way .

"I'm done with this " I say  as I walk into the room " if you don't believe me fine , have your head up your arse " I state and make my way to the comfort of my bed , can't reason with someone who only sees from their own perspective. He doesn't reply and takes a seat at his edge if the bed .

We both lay on our sides on the bed not speaking to one another staring into the empty ceiling . Pride comes before fall or so they say but this time I might as well keep my pride or what's left of it .

I feel a pair of arms wrap around my body causing me to roll my eyes and pull his arms off my waist " stop it Liam " I warn still upset over the previous altercation.

" I'm sorry " he says his face buried in my neck
" I shouldn't have doubted you " he adds planting kisses on my neck " stoppppppp Liam " I moan this feels so good but I'm still upset and I can't let my guard down .

" but you smell so good " he Sulks wrapping his arms around me once again .
" Liam were adults we can't solve all our problems through temptations of the flesh "I reply trying to stand my ground .

I sit up earning a sigh from him " I'm sorry I let my anger get the best out of me and I should have trusted but you also can't blame me for thinking that way any way he who read those text messages would think the same way " he pauses for a brief moment before continuing to speak " I'm not gonna say our unique circumstance has been the best and we've all done things we're not proud of like Monica Lewinsky but just like her we're not going to let those things define us . I'm know we didn't get here on our terms but we can always start over and try to make things work or wait out the three years and go our separate ways " he says .

" I guess you're right we've not exactly been the most faithful but we can always start all over  " I agree.

" yeah " he says as he raises my head for a kiss and I gladly oblige cause I've been wanting to do the same since he started talking .

The end

Lol jk . Well y'all should please vote and comment what you think . I love reading and replying  them . My co workers broke my phone screen so I'm kinda phone less . Oh it's really really bad my boyfriend is taking it to get fixed tomorrow anyway so fingers crossed 🤞🏽 .