Chapter 40

No one said anything on the drive back home , my hand remained glued to my cheek I didn't need a mirror to know it was red and from the gasp and surprise written on the faces of the staff as we left the house it was bad . Luckily the parents didn't bother calling after us as we left and truthfully it was better this way there was still so much tension and to avoid saying things we would regret later.

" how do you feel ? " Liam asks as he helps me get out of the car .

" could be better " was the only response I had all I wanted was to sleep and forget this dreadful day ever happened. Liam had called the private investigator and he's looking Into the leak but as usual we have to sit still and wait for news .

" This may sting " Liam says as he places the ice in my bruised face and feeling the cold touch my skin " put it on if for like ten minutes " he says as he hands me the ice wrapped in a towel .

" thank you "

" no sweat " he replies and takes a seat on one of the kitchen stools " what spurred this random act of  bravery " he asks .

" maybe cause I'm tired of being pushed around " I shrug , more like I'm fed up " I'm twenty three I can't have no baby , I'm baby " I reply causing him to burst into a fit of laughter which takes him sometime to calm dawn . Trust Liam to find me funny when I'm being dead serious.

" they're twenty three year olds with  three kids tho " he says teasingly.

" well that's them I'm kourtney mills " I reply and he has a sly smile on his ugly face .

" well technically you're kourtney price now " he says correcting me .

" whatever " I roll my eyes  " sorry about your dad " suddenly a flash of of hurt in his eyes changing his demeanor and now I wish I hadn't said anything.

" he's strong , he'll get better " were the only words he said as he made his way to the bedroom leaving me seated on the kitchen island . He walks back out fully dressed in a black  suit and a white shirt  " I'm leaving, see you night  " he announces grabbing some papers from the table and heading out the door .

" where are you going " I yell after him , who the hell leaves their wife at home after she's been slapped , well technically you're not dying my subconscious says to me as I make my way out the door hot on Liam's trails .

" I don't need to give theses motherfuckers reasons to think I'm not fit to run the company " he says as he steps into the car and zooms off leaving me standing there by my self  .

I make my way back into the house it was a whirlwind of emotions and I just needed today to end , my cramps were no longer frequent so I decided to watch insecure cause no matter how many stupid decisions i make Issa makes worse or I just think so cause life isn't a movie cause my rating would be so damn low and I would have been canceled cause everyone would have been done with my stupidity from the first season.

I decided to also get dressed and make my way to work , there was still enough time to get to work , luckily Asia was nice enough to email me the stuff I needed to get done , I need to get a secretary can't keep stressing her with my stuff and between Liam and I she's likely to loose her shit one day .

I decided to go in something simple as the day was almost gone . I decide to apply foundation to cover the redness of my skin also cause I didn't need blogs speculating I'm in an abusive relationship. I throw on a white cold shoulder top and monochrome pants.

I don't trust my own driving skills so I request for an Uber , in less than five minutes a black Honda arrived at our residence and drove me off to price enterprises .

As usual everyone was busy going about their daily lives and didn't notice little old me walking into the building mostly cause I took the back entrance . I made my way into the elevator and to Liam's office I needed to see Asia before I bury my self into my work .

Asia wasn't at her desk which was unlike her , she never really spoke to the rest of the co workers cause they gossip a lot and she's not about that life so I decide to make my way to Liam's office instead.

" I told you I was .... busy " Liam yells as I open the door not realizing it was me I was taking aback but not by him yelling but by the the Gorgeous brown hair and long legs I knew could only be one person standing in his office . I was discombobulated and dazed but I didn't need that to be obvious right now .

" how was your trip ? " I asked Angelique as I took my seat on the arm chair while Liam was giving me a weird look .

" it was good " she replied also taking a seat the discomfort on Liam's face shows clearly .

" kourt it's not what you think so I don't want you putting two plus two together and coming up with nine , I'll explain better when we get home " he says trying to diffuse the awkward tension in the room but truth be told I wasn't even thinking and at this point I don't even care what Liam does he's a whole individual with life priorities and needs so who am I to judge .

" what do you think ? " I ask " well I came to say hi since Asia wasn't at her desk I'll be taking my leave " I announce picking up my bag and walking straight to the door " have a nice day " I say to Angelique as i leave and she just gives me a small smile .

Don't just read kindly vote too and share your comments 💕💕💕 on the story so far and what you love about it and things you think could be better, I appreciate the feed back .