Chapter 7

~~~~~~ Liam's POV ~~~~~~

"How much did you hear?" I ask, ruffling my hair.

"Probably everything". She responds.

Shit! shit!! shit!!!

"Ain't that great?" I say sarcastically.

"Well you need to fix this". She says.

"I know, that's why I'm trying to fix it" I replied frustrated.

'Well, that's what you get for going on a one-month holiday with a girl that's not your wife' my subconscious snaps at me.

"I'll talk to my sister, fix it Liam". She says as she walks into the house.

I get my phone out of my pocket and call Jake, he answers after a few rings.

"Where are you?" I ask.

"Well I'm at my house, why?" he asks.

"Cause Angelique is pregnant, and I need you to come with me to get a pregnancy test at the hospital she swears she is, and we might have never used a condom, so she could be" I say.

"Well, now you don't have to marry Kourtney and you get the best of both worlds". He says making me want to slap him through the phone.

"I'd rather be with Kourtney, I need your help. I can't have a baby now and a scandal like this will ruin my career and humiliate my family and Kourtney's" I reply.

"Text me the address and I'll be there". He says.
Thank God for friends like Jake. I don't know what I would do without his endless support even when I'm stupid.

I drive over to Angelique's house to pick her up before we head to the hospital. She takes her time before she finally emerges from inside her house wearing a baby pink sundress she looks so good.

"Hey baby" she says leaning in to kiss me and I move away "What's wrong?" she asks.

"I'm not in the mood Angelique". I reply. "Just get in and let's get this over with, tomorrow is my wedding". I add.

"So have you told little miss gold digger about our bundle of joy?" she asks. How did I find this girl attractive? Her voice is so annoying.
I don't reply and try to focus on getting us to the hospital in one piece.

By the time we got there, Jake was already there waiting for our arrival.

"Hey man," he says giving me a side hug as soon as he sees me and I reciprocate.

"Thanks, man I appreciate" I reply.
It takes Angelique a while to get here because she was doing something inside the car and I wasn't about to wait for her.

"Hey, Jakey" she says as soon as she sees him "Long time no see".

"Hello, Angelique" he replies politely giving her a side hug.

I call the doctor to inform him we were here, I wanted this to be done very privately so it doesn't leak. After a while, doctor Anderson attends to us and leads us to another door where the test would be conducted.

"Well, Miss Porter, we're going to take a drop of your blood to conduct the test". He informs.

"I know I've done this before" she says flashing him a smile.

"Well that's good". Dr Anderson says.

The test is done and we wait a few minutes for the result. I'm nervous as hell and I pray it doesn't say positive so I can just close this chapter in my life and move on.

"Shit man! What if she's really pregnant? What am I going to do?" I ask Jake.

"Well you're going to have to take responsibility for your actions and own up to it" he says giving me a stern look.

I pace around the room a little until the doctor finally comes in with an envelope, he's about to hand it to Angelique but I snatch it out of his hand.

I rip the envelope to pieces, I was too busy trying to get to the content I didn't care about opening it neatly. I take out the folded white A4 paper and unfold it to read the content, my eyes scan the paper until I see the part where it says negative.

"Yesss thank God" I yell out of excitement dropping the paper on the floor.

"See I told you I was pregnant" Angelique says picking up the paper from the floor, her eyes scan the contents a little before she finally turns to Dr Anderson "This isn't correct I haven't seen my period and I'm experiencing all the symptoms you have to do another test" she says facing the doctor.

"Sorry Miss Potter but we have the best types of equipment here and the test is a hundred percent correct" he responds making her pick up her bag and walk out.

I check the time and it's 4:15 which means I could still make it to the rehearsal, I call Angelique to know her whereabouts and she said she took a cab home so I drive to the venue for the rehearsal with Jake because he is my best man so he has to be there.

I was able to get to the venue in time after texting my mom to get the address. When I got there, I see Kourtney standing by some drinks and she looks gorgeous as hell in the red dress she has on, the plunging neckline makes it look more beautiful, is it weird to say she has beautiful breasts?
I walk over to where she's standing frowning at her phone screen I wonder what's making her frown and I see her messages opened and she sent me a few text messages that I am yet to reply to since my phone was on airplane mode.

"Am I that frustrating?" I ask and she gasps when she turns and sees me. I guess she wasn't expecting me or anyone to scare her that way.

"Jesus!! Why did you sneak up on me? When did you get here?" she asks.

"Not long". I reply placing my head on her shoulder and she's about to pinch me to stop touching her but I can't help it she smells so good. I quickly grab her hands and wrap my hands around her so she doesn't get any more creative "Well I'm not about to be a dad". I say to put her at ease.

"Lucky you". She says sarcastically.

"I thought you would be happy I made it" I say.

"Well, I was having a great time till your face ruined it". She says trying to wiggle her self out of my grip. I finally let her go after our parents got here and introduced her to my cousins and Jake because he has been dying to meet her.

The decorations for the wedding look so beautiful, if we were marrying on the best terms, I would say it looked like a fairy tale. The wedding planner arranges everyone in their positions and tells us what to do and what to expect tomorrow.

I stay at a corner sipping champagne when Ashley sneaks up on me "Hey" she says making me spill my drink.

"Jesus! Man, don't sneak up on me like that". I reply.

"Suck it up, how was it?" she asks

"Well she's not pregnant thank God" I reply.

"I'm not going to ask what's going on between both of you but Liam, Kourtney is such a sweet girl she acts tough sometimes but she hurts easily, very easily and if you hurt her I promise you I would run you over with my car and crush every bone in your body while enjoying you scream in pain. I would grind you so badly your funeral would have to be a closed casket". She says as she flashes me a smile and walks away.

What kind of a family have I gotten my self into?