Chapter 38

" you look cute"  he says as soon as he opens his eyes .

" yeah looking  like a dragon and kinda having bad breath is cute " I reply sarcastically.

" yeah and partially having blood on our  sheets " he says causing me to jump up and check the sheets for the stained area when I didn't find any I check my nightdress .

" Liam that's not funny " I state furiously, he made me get out of bed when I had plans on being a couch potato .

The buzzing sound or my phone distracts me and I reach for it , I see Ashley's name flashing on the screen and answer it, my sister never calls she's a texter .

" hey sis" I was excited to hear her voice but also worried she was calling me " what's up " I ask ?

" Hey kourt  " she greets " so my assistant forwarded me a link to one of those shady you tube channels and word on the curb is that You and Liam are in a fake marriage and you stand to cash out really big after your divorce in five years and they have receipts or so they claim " she says Making my heart thump Liam notices the change in my facial expression and my mouth instantly goes dry .Liam mouths to ask me if I'm okay and I nod my head in response " I'm just telling you to let you know this may be some sneaky shit trying to ruin y'all image , the video had been seen one thousand times but luckily I got my team to take the account down " she adds .

" wow " were the only words I could mutter cause I was shook I knew it was impossible for this not to come out sooner or later but not this fast " thanks so much sis I appreciate it " I say thanking her for having my back and ending the call .

" Ashley just told me about a YouTube page claiming our marriage is fake and they have proof so is there anything you may want to tell me cause I'm sure as hell it didn't come from me "  He's silent his hands in akimbo his facial expression is unreadable.

" Okay I may have lied when we got robbed after our honeymoon " he says and I don't know how I feel but one thing I know is what comes next is going to make my guardian angels shake " hmmmnn .... mmm so the wedding contract is missing , our copy . The lawyers still have the original " he says and at this point I'm going to faint .

" d.... do you have any idea who took it , what are we going to do ? " I ask distraught by the whole situation " I need a drink " I announce mostly to my self while Liam just stands there quietly.

" Im not so sure I paid a private investigator to look into it and apparently the job was done by some low level street gang he's still trying to get in to know who ordered them , I'll get him to hasten the progress " he says calmly and I'm furious .

" how can you be so calm" I yell " Jesus Christ Liam this is our lives what the fuck are we going to do " I pace around the room confused " I knew I shouldn't have done this , I should have just said no now look " I say to my self like a mad woman  " have you asked Angelique she probably did it she hates me I took her man I would hate me too if I was her  " I say to Liam at this point I'm grasping at straws.

He's face was still void of expression " I thought of that too but Angelique is no longer in the country she's on vacation  plus we also have business enemies not just personal so we can't rule out any one " .

I can't believe this man hasn't he watched enough mafia movies to know that things can go on outside the country she could give the order and pay people , rich people don't get their hands dirty , they  pay the poor who need the money to do it for them " country or not Liam she's still a major suspect except your other fuck buddies are spiteful also " .

" oh please drop the act kourtney you're no saint either , see this is what I hate about you , you're so pretentious it's sickening . You act like you don't like drama and you don't have any drama where deep down you live for it . I'm not the only one with ex's so you can keep bringing up mine like you weren't all over the tabloids on a date with yours on your honey moon . What makes you think he's not the leak ? .  He's suddenly blowing up your phone and prophesying his undying love for you again so stop making it seem like it's only from my end " he states sternly from the veins popping up it was obvious he was upset and if he wasn't a gentleman he would have gone hulk and punched me but he's right I'm pretentious I'm not the only one with an ex  .

You can tell there's so much tension in the room it was suffocating . No one said any thing I sad by my side of the bed with my legs folded near my chest while Liam sat down typing something on his phone . A knock at the door draws us out of our self reflecting bubble .

Liam stands up to answer the door " what is it ?" He asks as soon as the door flew open .

" i... I am sorry sir but there's a call for you and mrs price " the new house keeper Doris says quivering . If I was her I would be scarred too he acknowledges her and she makes her way back downstairs . While Liam picks up the landline " hey it's Liam " he says and soon his facial expression changes " we'll be right there " we're the last words he said before ending the call .

" get dressed , we're going to my parents"  he orders as he makes his was towards the balcony to smoke leaving me on the bed wondering how we went from making up to not being on good terms again .