Chapter 2

It's been a month since I saw Liam, his assistant Asia briefed me on things about him just incase I have any questions, while my mother has been so busy planning her dream wedding.
It's my wedding but it doesn't feel like it, I don't feel the pre-wedding excitement brides feel because I'm not ready to get married yet and Mark dumped me. How hilarious. I'm going through a heartbreak the week of my wedding.

I was finally able to tell Mark about the wedding and he said he couldn't wait for me, I understood, by the time three years was up he could have met a girl, gotten married, and had a kid or two. I tried so hard to convince him nothing would change between us, but I understand what he was getting at.

The wedding is in a week and I'm going with my mom and Asia for my dress fitting. Asia and I hit it off immediately and have been close since then. I ended up asking her to be my bridesmaid since I don't have that many friends.

The bridal store is in a really expensive part of town and I'm going in for my custom fitting. According to my mother, I'm getting married to Liam Price so I can't be seen in a basic designer wedding gown that can easily be picked in any store so here we are.

The dress was really heavy and hard to put on so I had three people assist me with it so I don't rip it or wear it the wrong way. I haven't seen it yet cause my mom picked it out and everything. I mean I'm dealing with a broken heart, I can't exactly be planning a wedding right now.

As soon as I walk in, I hear people gasp and my mother starts to cry". Oh my goodness, you look so beautiful" she says between sobs. I would appreciate her compliment if I was getting married to the love of my life and not some guy I just met.

"OMG! Kourt, you look so good" Asia squeals "Your mom sure has exquisite taste, you are definitely going to be the talk of the century with this dress" I just nod my head taking in what she said.

What's the point of having a grand wedding and spending millions of dollars that could have been given to a charity or used to start a business on a loveless marriage. Liam isn't even back from his vacation with his girlfriend yet, according to Asia he'll be back two days before the wedding.

"Do you like the dress ma'am?" Pierre the designer asked as I stood in front of the mirror taking in my reflection. The dress was beautiful but by heart didn't feel beautiful. I really need to stop moping around.

"Kourtney stop moving around, I need to take a picture for your dad". Mom's voice breaks me out of my thoughts.

"Can we go home now?" I ask already tired of being in this big ass dress.

"Well you and Asia can leave, I need to meet Mrs Chang for bible study later" my mom says. By the way, bible study at Mrs Chang's was basically just gossiping. That woman has all the high-class gossip TMZ is poor people tea compared to the tea served at Mrs Chang's but going there improves my mother's status in society so she always has to be there.

"Alright, we'll be on our way then" I reply as I make my way back into the dressing room to take off the dress with the help of people of course.

...............

"Are you up for Starbucks?" Asia asks as we exit the bridal store.

"I guess so" I reply as we began to walk to the nearest Starbucks.

We've been here for a few minutes and Asia has been on her phone most of the time. Which is weird cause as Liam's secretary I expected her to have a ton of work to do, maybe it's because he's on holiday.

"What's your favourite song?" she asks, causing me to suspend my thoughts.

"Jason Derulo- it girl. Why?" I ask. It's weird for her to just ask me out of the blue.

"It's nothing. Liam was just asking about things you like" she replies. Why is he asking about me, we don't even have a relationship, and isn't he supposed to be on holiday with the girlfriend. I call her Iggy Azalea Jnr. Yes, I may have stalked her a little on the gram. Sue me, her plastic surgeon is fantastic cause there's no way that ass is real.

"Why is he asking about me?" I ask.

"It's nothing serious just incase someone should ask him a question about you at the wedding" she replies. This is so true, I'm getting married to the guy in one week and I don't know anything about him." I already compiled a bunch of things you need to know about Liam and sent it to your email, you can thank me later" she replies.

This is why Asia and I get along so well, she already knows what I'm thinking without having to say it.

Qualities of a great assistant

"Thanks a lot babe, you honestly deserve a raise" I replied pulling her in for a tight hug "You know you have made me ease up to this sham of a marriage, I don't know what I'll do without you. I don't even know how Liam isn't scared, I'm scared shit less and he's out here living his best life with Iggy Jnr in Cuba" I add.

"Her name isn't iggy junior" she laughs. "Her name is Angelique and Liam asks about you everyday yunno" she says taking a sip of her coffee.

"So why do you think he's asking for my best song?" I ask still curious.

"He probably wants to invite the artist or something" she says acting like it's no big deal.
My eyes widen just at the thought of it. It's not like our wedding is a joyous one he would never go the extra mile.

"Well, I changed my mind I don't have a favourite musician I'm in love with Drake, Rihanna, Chris Brown, Nicki Minaj, Bruno Mars, and Jasmine Sullivan" I reply. Well if he does it I might as well try my luck.

"Well, I already sent it" Asia replies sticking out her tongue at me.

"How am I supposed to love you when you keep doing things like this to me?" I grumble.

"You just have to love me" she replies laughing at my childishness.