Chapter 39

I sat still in a very long awkward drive with the man I'm married to for an hour , for some reason we had been summoned by the parents and had to cancel our schedule . Liam was still in his feelings and truthfully I couldn't care less . The car was as quiet as a mouse trying to steal cheese , no music and no communication so I decided to put my head out the window and enjoy the scenery instead , it was warm outside the perfect day for a picnic i should call Asia soon I thought to my self .

We finally make it to the price mansion and my ever charming husband gets out the car making his way to the front door leaving me behind I wanted to choke him badly but that could have two outcomes and I wasn't ready for both .

I help my self into the house and I'm instantly directed to the study as soon as I make my way into the house . The big oak door stood in front of me slightly ajar truth be told I was nervous of what was to come I heard people talking in hush voices and as I opened the door all the attention was drawn to me making me a million times more nervous than I was .

" come in honey " mrs price says in a nice manner gesturing for me to take a seat next to her son and I oblige. Everyone was here Liam's parents and mine there and from the looks on their faces we weren't here to drink tea and eat macarons .

" hello honey " my mom says pulling me into a strong bone crushing hug and I take it all in or she's going to give a lecture in carrying me for nine months and ruining her downstairs area and we do not need that conversation.
" hey dad " I say briefly hugging my dad as he wasn't a sentimental man unlike my mother, I notice mr prices absence but decide to keep quiet.

The room was quiet for the first few minutes no one said a thing or it's like they were waiting for who would make the first move .
My dad starts by clearing his throat before he starts to speak " we're here cause your your dad had a stroke Liam " he says and I gasp loudly shock was written all over Liam's expression, mrs price immediately holds his hand you could tell she was trying so hard not to fall apart .

" what ? When ? Where ? How ? , when did this happen ". Liam yells at he's clearly furious and I don't think anything I say will make things better so I choose to shut up . My dad stays quiet for a while cause mrs price had started to sob and my mom had to comfort her , Liam was no longer seated and was pacing round the study .

" two days ago" he says answering Liam's question .

" then why the fuck are we here instead of in the hospital like nothing is wrong " he yells causing mrs prices sobs to grow louder. My dad tries to talk but is cut short by mrs price .

" sit down Liam please " She pleads and a confused Liam take his seat " your dad doesn't want you or Kayleigh to see him this way , Kayleigh is writing her finals so I'm trying to hold off the news to see if there's some improvements in your dads condition before informing her and I know how much it would break her heart " she says in between sniffs .

" is he being treated at least ? , what's going on mom " he asks .

" your dad is responding to treatments we're here for another reason " she says trying to gather her self together " as your father is ill he's going to need you to take over the company full time " she adds while Liam puts his hands throw his hair in frustration.

" for Goodness sake mum dad is ill and you care about the company!! " you could tell he was  furious and trying his best not to explode while I just sat there mute " this is our family " he yells causing her to breakdown in silence and my mum embraces her in a hug while she cries .  " the the hell is wrong with you people " he curses .

" I think you need to take it easy Liam , this is also very hard for your mother " my dad says to try to ease the tension and he's right I can't imagine what it must be like to be in mrs price's place , mr price seemed young and a rather quiet and easy going man but above that he was the man she loves and married her hurt is immeasurable.

" can we go and see my dad ? " Liam ask's as silence takes over the room .

" not now , Liam you're going to have to show the board that you're responsible and are the right fit for this position " mrs price says sternly it's like all traces of her sobs were gone and she became a totally different person " your dad and I discussed and decided it's time you and kourtney start trying for kids " she adds causing my eyes to almost pop out of my socket .

Kidsssss kidssss !!!!
Liam just stood there without any words "we didn't want to pressure you but due to the change in circumstances we think it's better and your parents have agreed " she says " it's for the good of the family " .

" I don't believe this , do you people think are puppets that you tell us what to do and we're supposed to do it . I left my life , I left my boyfriend, I quit my job and got married to a complete stranger " I yell I didn't know what brought about this courage but I knew one thing I was going to stand my ground enough is enough.

" enough kourtney " my mom says in a calm voice  trying to placate me but I had had it .

" you know what I'm done with this sham , this selfish family have you ever bothered to ask how I feel or how we feel having to leave our significant others to be here to help the family " I air quote .

" but you kids are getting along now " my mom says .

" we haven't had sex mother if that's what you mean " I snap at her causing the adults in the room to gasp boo hoo who cares " all we do is argue so yeah we've been married five months and barely know each other's favorite color so don't give me the crap about getting along mother " I hiss while my mother breaks into sobs   causing my father to to raise his voice at me , I wonder why she's crying I'm the one meant to be crying , I'm the one in my twenties and still do what my parents tell me cause no one else will .

" don't you dare speak to your mother that way she only wants what's best for you " he says furiously.

" what's best for me ? We both know that is a lie honestly at this point I'm not even sure you're my parents I'm most likely adopted cause there's no way in hell you take away everything from me and want me to produce a child like I'm some surrogate , you have other kids manipulate their life I'm tired of being a toy " I scream and In the blink of an eyes a slap sent me flying to the floor earning   gasp from mrs price .

Liam helps me get off the wooden floor , it takes some time for me to gather my self together still stunned my mother had slapped me , she's never laid her hands on me before .
" we're leaving " Liam announces probably out of courtesy and pulls me out of the study without waiting for a response.

Okay this was tense and for the people who wished me a fast recovery thank you very much I appreciate it I feel way better now .. thanks for your love don't forget to vote and comment 💕💕.

Random but I would like to know my readers more and know where you guys are from .