Chapter 23

Recap :
" Hungry? "   I ask him as the movie ends and just grumbles something under his breath ". Can't hear you mister " I say.

" well, I'm hungry for things I can't get" he says and walks towards the bathroom.

" what's that? " I ask.

" you " he says as enters the bathroom and shuts the door.

Present :
My eyes and legs were bound by ropes and I had bruises all over my body, from the looks of where ever this was it was no longer the hotel room everywhere was dark with only a white door and an old bed. I try to search the room with my eyes but can't find Liam anywhere.

I keep praying so someone could come to find me. it feels like forever when I hear the door start to creak open. As soon as I see Liam walk him I feel so much hope but then I see Angelique walk in next to him with a smug smile on her face.

" hello princess " she says as she walks towards me caressing my face with the knife in her hands while Liam stands there with her.

" what the hell is going on here " I yell mostly to Liam, it was his job to protect me we're married or so I thought while Angelique laughs hysterically and takes a seat on the worn-out bed.

" tsk tsk tsk poor Kourtney. You see  Liam and I were meant to be together you were just a momentary distraction " she laughs a little bit more before she continues " at first when you took him away, I was upset I cried a little bit but the marriage states you have to be together minimum of 3 years if doesn't state that has to happen if you mysteriously fall off a building " she smiles and walks back to where Liam stood kissing him on the lip while I watch this disgusting exchange of saliva.

" tell her baby " Angelique says in a fake vanish high pitched voice while Liam just smiles at her.

" you were just a momentary distraction Kourtney can't believe you fell for that " he chuckles lightly.

I'm trying so hard to process all that is going on. Liam revives a text message on his phone and whispers something into her ears making her smile widely.

" We have a surprise for you Kourtney " she says in her high pitched voice laced with so much excitement.

" Bring him in " Liam calls to someone and the door bursts open and a bunch of men drag in a tied up body covered with a mask with bloodstains all over and sets the body next to me.

One of the men takes off the mask and the body turned out to be mark with a lot of bloodstains causing me to gasp.

" What did you do " I yell at them not caring about the consequences.

" ouuu a fiesty little thing " Liam says holding my head up while I spit in his face. He smiles at me and takes off the spit with a handkerchief before slapping me across my face.

" well we need you out of Liam's life so we're gonna drop you and lover boy here off a cliff cause you couldn't be together we wrote a note for you and everything" she says smiling as she brings out a paper and shows it to me. I was shocked by how the writing on the paper matched my handwriting, "did they drug me" I ask my self.

" How did you get my handwriting," I ask " no one would believe you I'm not suicidal " I spit back.

" you don't know what lengths a girl in love is willing to go, take Liam and me for example . " she responds " and as for the handwriting they're so many people skilled in forgery Kourtney don't be and air head "

" Why are you doing this" the question directed at Liam.

" Angelique and I are soulmates she's the Bonnie to my Clyde, the Ben to my jerry " he says laughing like I was supposed to find that funny considering two psychopaths were trying to kill me.

They leave the room leaving mark and me on the floor. Mark looks passed out so I try to shake him to see if I could get any response luckily he was still breathing, I just needed to find a way to get out of this place I wasn't even sure we were still in Paris or how long I was knocked out for.

I've been here for three days Angelique visits to come and gloat in my face that she got the man like I cared And sometimes either of the two men who brought mark here sneaks us something to eat. Yeah, mark is awake now but his injuries are so deep and I'm not so sure he would be able to hold on for so long. At thins point, I had totally given up on escaping.

I heard a noise coming from outside the room like a group of people talking and the door bursts open, one of the guys who brought us here walked in and crouched next to me.

" look we didn't plan to keep you this long, this was not part of the plan we were just supposed to scare you a little bit and let you go," he says looking apologetic. He starts to untie my hands trying to set me free. After loosening the ropes fermi our hands he gives me a cell phone and cash to get me far away at least if I'm with my family they can't get to me. He helped carry mark and sneak us out the compound through the back when we start hearing gun shits and he instructs us to run as fast as our legs could carry us while he goes back to cause a distraction.

We had been on the run for so long now, mark was starting to get weak so we had to find a cave to hide .the was still no cell reception so I couldn't use the phone till I got to the town.

As soon as we were about to enter the cave I feel someone grab causing me to turn around slowly and find Angelique with a group of men and guns pointed at us.

" I can't believe you thought you could get away "she says in her horrible high pitched voice.

" Please just let us go well leave you alone and not tell anyone about this " I plead with her trying to see if she had any bit of humanity left in her.

" well I'm sorry Kourtney I just can't," she says and orders for the men to shoot mark. Everything felt like it was going I slow nothing from her ordering and the bullets going into marks body I couldn't even hear anything from my screaming and sobs. I went to his body and tried to shake him, I refused to believe he was dead my face was filled with tears I couldn't believe she would do that and she just stood there smiling. I didn't even think I just launched at her and started hitting her and scratching her face, I men were trying to pull me off her but I didn't bulge I just wanted her dead. I was successfully pulled off her and her face was filled with scratch marks and extensions were on the grass from me pulling them out. She looked mad but I didn't care she was going to kill me anyway. 

" kill her " she orders that's the last thing I heard before I felt my body being called and I finally open my eyes and I'm back at our hotel room in Paris and I see Liam's big eyes staring at me.

" Jesus I thought I was gonna have to pour a bucket of water on you or something, you've been passed out for three hours," he says and I just stare at him confused.

" I was asleep " were the only words I could manage to croak out.

................................................................................
Giving you the suspense y'all signed up for.
Hey everyone so I'll trying update more but also remember I have a life and so many things are going on in my roller coaster life.