Chapter 10

Kourtney's POV:

My grandad has been asking for Liam, and he has been gone for so long, and I can't seem to find him anywhere. I spot Jake talking to a blonde girl and decide to ask him about Liam's whereabouts. They are best friends so he should know. I make my way towards Jake and the lady by his side.

"I'm sorry for intruding Jake, have you seen Liam anywhere?" I ask.

"Anything for you Mrs Price, I saw him entering the bathroom" he replies.

"Thanks, Jake" I reply as I make my way to the bathroom to find Liam.

I wait for Liam at the bathroom entrance, he's been inside for more than thirty minutes and I start to get worried. What if something happened or was Jake playing a trick on me. He wouldn't do that right?.

I was about to leave when I hear Liam's voice through the door I decided to leave knowing he was okay till I hear him say Angelique's name and I choose to place my ear on the door, so I could hear what he was talking about.

"Angelique, how do you feel do you need me to come over?" I hear him say faintly. Wow he must really love her then why the fuck are we getting married? I lost my love doesn't mean he needs to lose his. I walk away from the door and take a walk outside to clear my head. I look like a runaway bride sitting here looking at the stars.

"She must really hate me". I say talking to myself as I bring out my phone and text Alison to come outside and where to find me. I need someone to talk to and my sister would be the right person even though she would get mad at my parents for setting up the wedding and be mad at me for going along with it.
In less than three minutes I see Alison's shadow walking towards me.

"Hey sissy are you okay?" she asks as she places my head on her lap and plays with strands of my hair. She used to do that to soothe me when we were little.

"I don't know why I went through with the wedding Ally. Liam is in love with Angelique, and I'm the wall preventing them from being together". I say, and my voice starts to crack. I promised myself I wasn't going to cry today.

"What do you mean he's in love with Angelique? Is there something you aren't telling me?" she says confused by my words.

"I like Liam as a friend, but I'm not in love with him. It's an arranged marriage so if I didn't marry him we would have lost everything Ally". I say and start to sob.

"Did mom and dad make you do this?" She asks. I can feel her starting to get upset, but she's trying to control it since I'm already crying.

"I offered to do it Alison, it's fine we're not going to be living together or anything. We're just going to marry on paper" I say.

"I knew I saw Angelique at your wedding. What is Liam trying to play at? I can't believe mom and dad, how could they do this to you? Your life is just starting, you have way too much to accomplish Kourtney. Why didn't you tell me? I would have tried to talk to them". She says.

"It's not them, it's what grandpa wants. They have tried Alison, please don't tell Sean about this, he might never speak to them again and Liam would end up in an accident" I plead because I know it's something my brother is capable of.

"I'm just so stunned but all of this is a lot. Have you spoken to Liam yet?" She asks me.

"What will I ask him? Hey, are you still in love with Angelique? Like I don't know he is. I mean, why ask a question I know the answer to Ally". I say, sighing in defeat. My phone starts to vibrate, and I see Asia's name flash across the screen.

"Hey" I answer.

"Kourt, are you okay? Why do you sound this way, is anything wrong?" She asks, her voice laced with concern.

"No, I'm fine" I lie.

"Are you sure? You know you can tell me anything right". She says. I thought I could too, but now I'm not so sure maybe Angelique is actually pregnant and that's the secret she has been trying to keep with Liam while I act like I don't notice they're hiding something.

"Yeah girl". I respond she's silent for a while before she says something "Well Liam has been searching everywhere for you, you're needed right now". She says.

"Okay, thanks I'll be there" I respond ending the call.

"You don't need to go, you know you could just fly back to England and go on with your life" Alison says.

"I already started it, might as well finish it". I reply as I stand up holding my sister's hand as we make our way back to the wedding venue.

As soon as we get there I see Liam pacing around outside the garden. I smile, knowing at least he's worried about me. He finally spots me.

"Jesus Kourtney where have you been?" he yells as he makes his way towards us. Before I could reply Alison does "It would be advisable not to yell at my sister young man". She says staring daggers at him and believe me if looks could kill Liam would be dead, buried, and decayed.

"Shit!" he swears running his hand through this hair. "Kourtney, I didn't mean to yell, I was just so worried about you, I'm sorry". He adds clearly frustrated.

"It's fine, I just needed to clear my head" I say as I make my way inside. Asia is the first person to run up to me.

"Thank God no one noticed you were missing, I told them you wanted some alone time with Liam since he was also missing". She says.

"Okay Asia" I reply walking back inside I took a seat on my chair. It would soon be time for our first dance, and I was super nervous. How would I keep my feelings together? I search for Alison with my eyes and find her arguing with Liam right where I left them, but I'm too lazy to separate it, or then it would cause a scene.

Five minutes later, Liam walks towards my direction and takes a seat next to me. I'm hesitant to talk to him since he looks kinda mad. Alison must have said something to him.

"Liam" I call trying to gain his attention.

"Not now Kourtney". He says, so I decided I would talk to him when he is in a better mood.

Jake has been doing an amazing job as the MC. I've seen Liam smile twice since he came back from talking with Alison. Jake was narrating something that happened while they were in college.

I space out staring at the huge rock on my finger. Damn! It must have cost a ton for someone who never wears jewellery. If I did, this would have cost my whole collection.

"So we have a surprise for the bride from a guy who's totally smitten by her and threatened to kill me if I even look towards her direction". Jake announces which grabs my attention. I didn't even notice Liam was no longer by my side, by the time I look up all the lights are turned off only three chandeliers are on.

I hear soft music playing in the background I know the sound, but I just can't remember what song it is, but it seems so familiar I just can't seem to place it.