Chapter 36

" I guess today wasn't what you imagined your first day to be " Asia as as I finished  filling her in on my day .

" tell me about it "

" on the bright side there's always tomorrow, do you still have cramps tho " she asks .

" yeah Kinda but I'm watching handmaid tale and at this point if I take one more pain killers I'll probably od and die " I respond .

" handmaids tale is the shit tho " she says " I should leave you to get some rest somebody us still have work to get done and I'm trying my best not to suffocate Liam . Don't tell him I said that I need this job " she says and I chuckle I for one know how insufferable he can be when he gets in his moods . We say our goodbyes and I continue watching my series .

I guess sleeping in Liam's couch didn't cut it so he got Ricky to drop me off at home and gave him the day off . Luckily some of our furnitures came today and I was there to supervise the assembling . I don't want to be one of those people who live in a big house with no furniture and probably a bean bag  .

Since my uterus was trying to kill itself and I decided to google ways to relieve cramps and number five said have an orgasm by your self or with your partner hmmm good thought.
I roam round the house aimlessly , we need to to get a pet  maybe a dog or a cat . Liam is allergic to fur so maybe something that won't kill him like a fish or a snake I thought to my self .

My phone buzzes and I see a message from an unknown number .
" hey " it read , I open my what's app to cross check the number with the numbers there cause I had a bad habit of not saving peoples numbers , the number wasn't familiar so I decided to respond " hey " I wrote back .

" I miss you " the number wrote back almost immediately as if waiting for me to respond .

" I'm sorry who is this ? " I wrote back .

" wow you don't have my number anymore, shame . It's mark " it's been a while since I spoke to mark to be honest I was sad with the way things ended although mark and I ended things he was still one of my close friends and  was there for me through the tough times that's why I needed to keep my distance or I would never get over him .

" I'm sorry I wiped my phone " I replied cringing at my own poor attempt at lying.

" it's fine kourt, I've been trying to not to text you and act like my feelings for you magically evaporated but the truth is I need you kourt . I miss us  " he wrote . I was confused all over again I didn't want to hurt his feelings and disrespecting Liam is the last thing I want .

" I'm married mark " I replied.

" you and I both know that isn't valid , it's just on paper you don't even Love him " .

" you don't know that " I respond.

" if you did you wouldn't be here entertain me , without the contact thing you won't even know who he is . I was gonna propose on your birthday next month... I wish I did it earlier at least we would still be together " he says , I was shocked ... shocked was an understatement mark had strong views on marriage and didn't know he was planning on proposing . His parents didn't have the best marriage and seeing how it took a toll on his mum he decided not to get married.

" you did ? " were the only words I could come up with .

" yeah bought the ring and everything " he wrote back " who knew you were going to get married before I got the chance to " he adds .

"I'm sorry mark I can't be with anyone but Liam right now , I like him and I think he likes me too " I reply.

" don't be ridiculous kourt he doesn't know you , we have history , does he know your best food,what your favorite books are ? "

" I'm sorry mark I can't, look how much drama the honeymoon stunt we pulled cost "  I sigh. Remembering it " my family needs this " I add .

" can't believe this shit " he says " kourtney this guy doesn't deserve you , you're at home while he's probably out there sticking his dick in Angelique "

" he's at work mark " I reply furious at his statement.

" lol that's what he tells you " his reply reads , at this point I'm done with this conversation. Maybe in a couple of years we could reconnect but I'm not gonna sacrifice helping my family for this .

" I'm done mark " I state firmly grabbing my phone out of annoyance.

" fine kourt I'm sorry , he just gets me so riled up . I don't get why you're defending him . Him and your parents forced you into a marriage . ". I was dumbfounded didn't have any response to what he said cause he was right .
Noticing how I didn't have a response to his text he sends another message .

" you're fucking him aren't you " it read. What the fuck does he mean I'm fucking him . Furious was not enough to express how I felt so  he's trying to say I'm dickmatised I stretch my fingers getting ready to type a long epistle .
After a long battle of exchanging words with mark I delete the messages and go off to watch the crown till I feel my eyes closing on their own accord.

—————————————————
Liam's pov

After texting kourtney numerous times with no reply I decided to round up my work and go home to see my wife . Today wasn't how she imagined her first day considering I watched her look forward to today .

Ricky was given the day off so I had one of the other chauffeurs drop me off at the house, didn't know the name of this one ,Ricky had been with me for quite sometime when I was still a young man trying to place my feet in this industry.

" good evening sir " he greets as I take my seat into the Mercedes Benz c class and I nod my head in acknowledgment ,Classy car I must remark it was given to me by my father as a wedding present more like compensation for my wedding .

The new house was a thirty minutes drive from price enterprise. I took in the scenery not minding the slight traffic as we made our way to the house .

I wonder what kourtney would be doing probably streaming a movie or indulging her self in her Wattpad fantasies .

" we're here sir " the chauffeur announces brining me out of my trance .
The door opened and I pick up my scattered folders on the leather seat .

I made my way towards the bed room and saw kourtneys sleeping body sprawled on the bed with a movie playing . What a deep sleeper she is I thought to my self pausing the series she was watching .

I put my folders aside to get to work before I'm distracted by a sound . I check my phone to make sure it was mine and I was wrong I wasn't mine , probably Kourtney's phone .

I set up my laptop to work but become distracted by Kourtney's notifications constantly going off distracting me from my work .

I stood up to silence it as i didn't want to disturb her sleep , she looked so beautiful and peaceful like the girl from that cartoon my niece watches aurora the sleeping beauty .

I pick up the phone to silence it but I'm caught off guard  by the notifications on her phone .

I love you kourtney, you know I do .

I miss you come back.

You and I both know no one can satisfy you the way i do .

I read a few of the notifications before dropping the phone I didn't need to read any further To know who the we're from . Just found it ridiculous after our honey  moon disaster she still decides to indulge her self in this mess .

Her cellphone rings abruptly taking me aback and causing her to stir in her sleep , her movements become more frequent as she stretches her hand on the bed as if searching for something, most likely her phone .
After a failed attempt she's forced to open her eyes and sees me in front of her with her phone in my hands .

" heyyy babe " she says her voice hoarse while I stared stiffly at her.

" what the hell is this " I bark holding the phone in my hand which shocks her .