Chapter 3

Liam's POV

Angelique went back to New York two days ago so I called up my best friend and talk him into coming to Cuba because I'm not ready to go back to work yet, benefits of being the boss.

"So what does this girl look like, is she pretty? Jake asks.

Jake Chan is my best friend and we've been friends since kindergarten and still finds ways to get on my nerves.

"Well yeah she's pretty, if she wasn't, I wouldn't have considered doing it" I reply taking a sip of my wine.

"Hmm, what's her name?" he asks.

"Kourtney Mills" I reply as Jake starts to type something on his phone.

"Holy shit, you didn't tell me she was this pretty" he exclaims "I would have taken your place" he says scrolling through her Instagram page. Hmm, she's even verified how come I never checked her Instagram before.

"Yeah, she's half-black and half Asian But she's originally from London" I reply.

"Jesus how do you know all this" he says making him hit the back of his head "Didn't your mom never tell you not to say the Lord's name in vain".

"Ouch, that was unnecessary, but how come we've never met her?" Jake asks.

"Well, because she barely stayed here she went to boarding schools in London all her life and just moved here to be with her parents" I respond.

"Hmmm nice so are you going to do anything special for her during the reception?" he asks

"What for?"

"No offense but she's not excited to be married to you either but you can still make her wedding day special. Every girl dreams about her wedding day and since you guys aren't going anywhere for your honeymoon you should do something for her" he says.

He is kinda right it's not like Kourtney asked for this she's as uncomfortable with it as I am.
I grab my phone and decide to text Asia to know how she is doing today. It's good I kept Asia there to watch over her. They get along so well, thank goodness for that.

What's Kourtney's favourite song?

It takes a while before Asia finally replies to me. It takes a while for the message to deliver to her cause the network sucks in this area.

" Jason Derulo- it girl "

I had to read the message twice, who still listens to this in 2018 but it was a bop when it first came out anyway. Hmmm, so she's a romantic person, the thought of it makes me smile.

Must be sad

"Why are you smiling at your phone? Did Angelique send your nudes?" Jake jokes. See what I have to deal with.

"I can't even take you seriously right now" I get up and start to go back into my room leaving Jake at the pool.
He yells after me but I choose to ignore him.

—————

I'm preparing a surprise for Kourtney. I decided to take Jake's advice and we've been working on it for days now. I just hope she'll be thrilled when she sees what it is. The wedding is in three days so I need to go back home today.

I call Asia and let her know she should get things ready for my arrival today.

It has been a month since I've been back home and things are still the same. I have been avoiding my parents since they broke the news about getting married to me, so I'm not surprised to see them at my house immediately I get home.

"We thought you had run away from your family since you've been avoiding us" mom says as she comes to hug me.

"I just needed some time to my self" I reply.

"Well Kourtney's mom and your mum have set up a splendid wedding ceremony it's just up to you to pick up the rings". My dad says.

"Okay" I say and start to enter my apartment.

"So where are you guys going to live when you get married. This apartment is way too small" mom comments as she makes her way into the apartment.

"I already got a bigger house, mother and we're going to the Dominican Republic for our honeymoon because she has never been there" I already know the questions my mother was going to ask so I reply to her before she even decides to ask it.

"Well, I can see you have everything figured out, you and Kourtney should come over for dinner today" she says.

"I'm pretty sure she'll be tired but I'll ask her" I reply.

I talk to my parents a little more regarding the family business and how things are going to change drastically from the two companies merging, making it bigger. After a while, my parents finally leave and I can finally have peace of mind and sleep.

I'm woken up by the sound of my phone ringing. I squint my eyes trying to adjust to the brightness of the screen. After a while, the ringing stops. I unlock my phone and see several missed calls from my mum and I call her back, she didn't even let it ring before she answers it.

"Hey, mom" I say still groggy from waking up.

"Where are you guys? Dinner starts in an hour" she says "Everyone is here" Shit! Shit! Shit! I fell asleep and forgot to tell Kourtney to get ready.

"We will be leaving soon" I reply and hang up before she gives me a lecture on lateness.
I dial Asia's number immediately and after the third ring, she finally answers.

"Liam hey"

"Hey, Asia are you at Kourtney's" I ask hoping she is there so she could help her get ready faster.

"Yeah I am" she answers making me mentally thank God at least some things are going right.

"Yeah, can I speak to her?"

"I'll try to give her the phone?" she says, and the line was silent and I hear someone scream and grunt. What the fuck! Are they in danger?

"Asia is everything alright" I ask worriedly. She doesn't reply right away "Yeah I had to wrestle Kourtney to talk to you" she responds.

What the fuck are they training for WWE or something "I don't pay you to wrestle with my wife"

"Fiancé for now" I hear Kourtney's voice in the background.

"Asia please give Kourtney the phone" I ask politely.

"Hey Liam" she says sounding as innocent as I remember.

"Hey Kourt, my parents invited us for dinner, I'm sorry I am telling you on such short notice. I was a bit jet-lagged and fell asleep when I got home" I apologize sincerely. I'm always apologizing to her.

"I don't want to go. I'm watching My Id is Gangnam beauty" she says.

"What the hell is that?"

"It is a Korean drama. Liam, how are we supposed to get married when you don't even know what I like" she says. I don't need to be over there to know she's sulking.

"I'm sorry, please can you be ready in an hour. I'll come to pick you up"

"But my pyjamas are way too comfortable" she whines.

"Fine. If you get ready on time, I'll get you a backstage pass for Beyoncé's tour" I say hoping this will finally win her over. I don't hear any reply and the line went dead.

I call Asia back "Where's Kourtney?" I ask

"Well whatever you told her must have worked because she threw my phone in excitement and went to go get ready" she says making me laugh. I can imagine Kourtney doing that "You owe me a new phone cause the screen is cracked " she adds.