The Kids Are Alright- Part 4

When you got back to the motel, you wanted to get to work that woman wanted you and Sam to work on. You had to get your mind off Dean. You knew he loved you, he proved that to you every day. But there was a small part of you that made you think that he wasn't entirely happy with you.

You knew the need he had for being accepted. With Lisa, she and Ben accepted Dean into their family. Lisa and Ben were his family, his blood family. Compared with that, you were nothing. Your heart broke at the thought of Dean leaving you but you didn't know what would happen if he did decide to leave you.

Sam got a jump on calling his mom's friends, doctors, and family members but you got in a few calls before your thoughts overtook your mind, making you not able to continue with whatever that woman wanted you to do.

The thought of having a family with Dean made you very happy. You wanted nothing more than to have a mini Dean or a mini you running around, sending you and him joy. But you weren't ready and the fact that he already has a son, made you feel like you were second best now.

If you were in Dean's position, then, of course, you would want to find some way to support your child and their other parent, but the fact that Dean hasn't come back to the motel said something and you didn't know that when he returned, he would still be yours.

"Hey Y/N," Your mind was snapped back to reality by Sam's hand in your face and you bit your lip, looking over at him. "I've been calling your name."

"Sorry, Sam." You whispered, getting a new wave of tears, not yet spilled.

"Wanna talk about it? You know he loves you." Sam said, knowing why you were sad.

"I know he does." You said quietly.

"Then why are you worried?" Sam was right, you shouldn't worry when you knew he loved you. But the other part of you knew the small truth.

"I don't have a kid." You said, sighing sadly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean did some back but only at night. He wasn't drunk so you knew he didn't go out to a bar so that only meant one thing. He was with Lisa. It was a little early for bed but you were so tired from worrying and crying, that you needed your sleep now.

"Please, talk to me," Dean begged after a long 30 minutes of the silent treatment from you.

"Do you love her?" You asked, looking up at him. He opened his mouth to answer you but nothing came out of it.

"Do you want to be with her?" You asked, letting a few tears fall. Again, nothing came out of his mouth.

"Dean, I'm going to need an actual answer from you." You said, glaring at him.

"I don't know! Okay? I'm not going to leave you if that's what you're worried about!" He said. You could see Sam in the corner of your eye, trying to become invisible and you felt bad you were doing this at this time, in front of him.

"Come on, Dean, I've become second best and you know it." You said with a huff.

"What are you talking about?"

"The first mention that you have a son and you're in love with the idea of having a perfect little family, giving up hunting. Don't try and deny it, Dean, I know you better than you think I do. I just don't know what appeals to you more, the fact that you have a son or the fact that you might be able to have a chance at normalcy before you're sent to Hell for the rest of your life, leaving me, Sam and everyone who you ever knew, behind to pick up the pieces."