Time Is On My Side- Part 2

After you and Dean had gotten some food, you went back to the shitty motel room so Sam could do some research. You and Dean promised him you would help as soon as you guys finished eating.

"So, I got a theory," Sam started to say after a half hour of silence.

"Yeah?" Dean asked with a mouth full of food.

"Yeah, I talked to Mr. Giggle's doctor. Turns out his incisions were sewn up with silk."

"That's weird." You stated.

"Yeah, nowadays it is, but silk used to be the suture of choice back in the early 19th century. It was really problematic. Patients would get massive infections. The death rate was insane."

"Good times." Dean nodded with another bite of food.

"Right, so doctors, they had to do whatever they could to keep infections from spreading. One way was maggots." Sam smirked at the mention of the word.

"Dude, I'm eating." Dean grimaced but you carried on, nothing really grossing you out anymore.

"It actually kind of worked because maggots, they eat bad tissue, and they leave good tissue. And get this. When they found our guy, his body cavity was stuffed full of maggots." Sam's smirk got wider.

"Dude, I'm eating!" Dean complained more.

"Doesn't bother me," You smirked as you chewed.

"Alright, let me get this straight. So, people are getting ganked, right?" Dean asked.

"Yeah."

"A little 'antiques roadshow' surgery, some organ theft. But why is this all sounding familiar?" Now that Dean's mentioned it, it had sounded familiar but you couldn't pinpoint where.

"Because you heard it before. When you two were kids... from Dad. Doc Benton... real-life doctor, lived in New Hampshire, brilliant and obsessed with alchemy, especially how to live forever. So, in 1816, Doc abandons his practice and..."

"Right, yeah, nobody hears from him for like 20 years, and all of sudden, people start showing up dead."

"Dead or missing an organ or the hand or some other kind of part," Sam added.

"That's what I was saying before. This guy isn't a zombie. At least not the kinds of zombies that eat brains. It makes sense because when his parts would wear out, then he'd have to replace them which makes him as good as new." You got the pieces together.

"But I thought Dad hunted him down and took his heart out," Dean asked, confused.

"Yeah, I guess the Doc must have plugged in a new one." Sam shrugged.

"Alright, where's he doing the deed?"

"According to this, Benton's picky about where he sets up his lab. He likes dense forest with access to a river or stream or some kind of freshwater."

"Why?" Dean asked after taking a huge bite of his burger. You'd finished yours by now and just had fries left.

"Because that's where he likes to dump the bile and intestines and fecal matter," Sam said and immediately Dean gagged, lowering his burger. He finished his bite and looked disgusted. You just laughed and took a bite of a few fries. "Lost your appetite yet?"

Dean looked at the burger and back at Sam but then back at the burger.

"Oh baby, I can't stay mad at you." Dean cooed, taking a bite. You laughed and took a few more fries.

"Okay, now that we got that out of the way, where are dense forests and freshwater?" You asked and Sam stood up, grabbing a map of the whole town.

"That's what we're going to find out." Sam got out a red marker and walked over to one of the beds and laid the map out. You got up and looked over his shoulder to see what he was going to do.