Bad Day at Black Rock- Part 2

You followed Dean and Sam inside the main office, knowing you had to be the FBI agents you always were when you needed to get access to restricted things.

"Is everything alright with your unit?" The guy behind the counter asked. You looked at his name tag—Melvin was his name.

"Yeah, I really appreciate you calling me first before the police. Look, we think something must have happened up there and we need to get a look at the security cameras from a few hours ago." Sam said, doing all the talking.

"Sorry, as much as I want to help, I can't let you look at the tapes. Security reasons and all." Melvin said, chuckling nervously. Sam looked back at you and Dean before looking at Melvin. He reached into his pocket and pulled out his badge, showing Melvin.

"I need to see those tapes," Sam said, looking into Melvin's eyes.

"You got it," Melvin said, ushering Sam back behind the counter and into the back room.

"Ah, don't you just love the looks on their faces when they realize who they're fucking with?" Dean said with a smile, looking over at you. His smile faltered for a minute when he realized you weren't laughing with him.

"I'm worried, Dean." You admitted.

"Hey, we'll find the guys and take back what belongs to my dad," Dean assured you but you cut him off at the word 'belongs'.

"No, I'm worried because of Ruby. Look, I know I have this supernatural pull on monsters and stuff, but with her, it's like it was different," You expressed your concerns, looking at Dean. "I don't trust her, Dean. Sam doesn't know this and he seems to believe every word she says. It felt different with her like she wants something more than to get you out of your deal. Something more... sinister."

"Hey, I won't let anything happen to you. We'll figure this Ruby chick out soon enough. As long as I'm around, she won't hurt you or Sam and she certainly won't get what she wants." Dean said, pulling you close to him.

"You don't have long." You whispered, trying not to cry.

"Look at me," Dean said, tipping your face up. You stared into his eyes and held your breath, wondering what he would say. "I know my time is running up. But I promise you, I won't stay in Hell forever. I will make it back to you."

"How can you promise that, Dean? It's an empty promise and you know it." You said, reaching up and taking his hands in yours. Before Dean could say anything else, Sam walked back out with Melvin, looking at you and Dean briefly.

"Thanks again, Melvin. Take care," Sam said, walking over to you and Dean. He could sense something was going on but he didn't have time to investigate it. Plus, it wasn't like it was any of his business.

"What did you find?" You asked, not letting go of Dean's hands.

"A license plate number. I know where they live, come on," Sam said, walking out of the main office building. You sighed and leaned into Dean while he wrapped an arm around you. He walked with you to the car, kissing you slowly before pulling away.

"We'll continue this later, okay?" You nodded, knowing it was the conversation he was talking about. You got in the car and Dean peeled out of the parking lot. Sam opened his laptop so he could do a quick search on the license plate number he saw.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sam found out where the thieves lived and since John's place was in Buffalo, you found out they, being a man named Wayne, lived in Connecticut, a full six hours away. It wasn't ideal and you would have thought Wayne lived closer but it didn't matter. All that mattered was getting whatever Wayne and his friend stole, back.