Red Sky At Morning- Part 1

It's only been a day but you couldn't find it in yourself to tell Dean you were a kiss away from making a deal with him. If Sam hadn't shown up or even shown up a few seconds later, your soul would have been sold and Dean would have gotten off scott free. You were hoping to make a deal with her because then you could deal with the after-effects later. Dean would have been pissed but it would have already happened.

You hated keeping secrets from Dean and it was killing you to keep quiet. If Dean didn't know about this, then you wouldn't get yelled at and everything can be as normal as things can get. However, Dean wasn't stupid and you knew he would eventually figure it out.

You three were on your way to a woman's house whose niece was found dead inside her shower. It seemed a little odd because the woman who died claimed to have seen a ghost ship before she passed and told her aunt about it who told police and press about it. You were almost there but you couldn't take the tension inside the car. You were about to say something when Dean spoke up.

"So, I've been waiting since Maple Springs. You got something you both want to tell me?" You and Sam both looked at each other and it was like you had one of those silent conversations that you only saw Sam and Dean do.

"It's not your birthday," Sam spoke up before you could open your mouth. You bit your lip and looked at Dean who rolled his eyes.

"No."

"Dude, I don't know. I have no idea what you're talking about—" Sam tried to cover but Dean cut him off.

"There are two bullets missing from the Colt. You want to tell me how that happened? I know it wasn't me. So, unless you were shooting at some incredibly evil cans..."

"Dean..." Sam sighed.

"You went after her, didn't you? The Crossroads Demon. After I told you not to."

"Yeah, well..."

"You could have gotten yourself killed!" Dean yelled at his brother.

"Hey, don't get mad at him. I did it too." You said so that Sam didn't have to take all the heat.

"Excuse me? You went after her too? What, why wasn't I invited to the party?" Dean asked sarcastically.

"Dean, seriously, it's fine. Sam and I are fine. It's not like one of us tried to sell our soul for you." You laughed nervously but you winced when you knew you revealed too much.

"What did you just say?" Dean asked, glaring at you through the rearview mirror.

"Dean, don't—" Sam tried to cover for you.

"Sammy, shut up. Y/N?"

"Look, she said my soul is much more valuable than yours. I don' know what the hell that means but if it gets you out of your deal, I would have done it."

"Fuck! Y/N, why would you do that? You could have gotten killed! You do not put my life in front of yours. That is not how this works."

"That is how a relationship works, Dean. I think your life is much more valuable than mine. I love you and I would do anything for you. You have to know this." You argued. Dean clenched his jaw and he shook his head, looking out his window before looking at you again. He shook his head once more and looked at Sam.

"So, you killed her. I'm assuming you got the job done the second time. Well? Am I out of my deal?" Dean asked, ignoring you for right now.

"Don't you think I would have mentioned that little detail earlier? No, she doesn't hold the contract. Someone else does."