A Very Supernatural Christmas- Part 1

Christmas Eve, 1991

"Okay, I just checked the fridge and there is nothing left to eat so Dean or I will go to the store to get food." You said after checking the fridge. You walked out of the kitchen area and to the brothers. Sam was on the floor, wrapping something while Dean sat on the couch.

"What is that?" Dean asked Sam when you sat next to him.

"A present for Dad," Sam replied.

"Yeah, right. Where'd you get the money? Steal it?" Dean accused his brother.

"Dean..." You whispered but he ignored you. Your life wasn't the best with John in and out of the motel rooms, leaving you and Dean to take care of Sam while he was gone. You didn't have a lot of money to begin with which is why you understood why Dean asked Sam that question but he was only 8.

"No, Uncle Bobby gave it to me to give to him. He said it was real special." Sam smiled.

"That's awesome. John is going love it." You said before Dean spoke.

"What is it?"

"A pony," Sam said sarcastically and you and Dean both rolled your eyes.

"Very funny," Dean said and Sam continued to wrap his present. Dean picked up a magazine from the coffee table and you sighed. You didn't have money to get anything for Sam or Dean but you thought it was really nice your Uncle Bobby decided to give Sam this gift to give to John. Bobby was so nice to you and he was more like a parent than John was. You loved John but he was never here. You knew he was trying to protect people and you and the brothers, but you needed someone to be there for you and to take care of you, not the other way around.

"Dad's going to be here, right?" Sam asked suddenly. You and Dean looked at one another since you two were the only ones who knew about the monsters. Sam didn't know yet and you hoped to keep it from him as long as you could. You knew he would figure it out eventually but for right now, you couldn't tell him.

"He'll be here," Dean said.

"It's Christmas."

"He knows and he'll be here."

"Where is he anyway?" Sam asked and you sighed.

"On business," Dean answered.

"What kind of business?" Sam pried.

"You know that. He sells stuff." Dean lied easily. You avoided eye contact with Sam. Whenever you had to lie, you couldn't make eye contact at all. You hated lying to Sam, seeing the hope in his eyes for his dad.

"What kind of stuff?"

"Stuff."

"Nobody ever tells me anything." Sam pouted.

"Then quit asking." Dean rolled his eyes.

"Sam, are you finished wrapping your dad's present?" You asked, trying to get him to change the subject but it didn't work. Dean got off the couch and walked over to one of the beds, shoving food wrappers off it before sitting on it.

"Is Dad a spy?" Sam asked, ignoring you. You sighed and sometimes, you felt like an outsider with them. There was one thing you didn't have in common with them and it was John. As much as he was your dad, you weren't his biological daughter and that made you feel like an outsider. Sam and Dean had this bond and you could leave and they would be alright.