A Very Supernatural Christmas- Part 4

"You'll let us know once if you find anything else, right?" You asked Bobby over the phone. You knew you would need help and decided to call your dad for it.

"Of course." He responded.

"Okay, thanks, dad." You chuckled over the phone. It was still a little weird calling him dad but you were slowly getting used to it. You missed not being able to have a parent and this was the best you were going to get.

"Anytime." You could hear Bobby's smile over the phone. You hung up and sighed, looking over at the brothers who were waiting for you to say something.

"Well? What did Bobby say?" Dean asked.

"Uh, that we're morons. He also said that it was probably meadowsweet in those wreaths. We're not dealing with the anti-Claus." You said and Sam immediately got to typing on his laptop.

"Wow! Amazing! What the hell is meadowsweet?"

"According to the lore, it's pretty rare and it's probably the most powerful plant in pagan lore," Sam said.

"Pagan lore?" Dean wondered.

"Yeah, remember that hunt with that creepy scarecrow? We were tied to trees in order to feed it so that the crops wouldn't die for the year?" You asked Dean.

"Yeah?"

"That was a pagan god. I'm sure he was just one of many, right Sam?" You said with a smile.

"Yeah, right. See, they used meadowsweet for human sacrifice. It was kind of like a... Chum for their gods. Gods were drawn to it and they'd stop by and snack on whatever was the nearest human."

"Why would somebody be using that for Christmas wreaths?" Dean asked as if it were a crazy thought.

"Maybe they don't know what they have?" You pointed out.

"Yeah, but besides that, it's not as crazy as it sounds. I mean, pretty much every Christmas tradition is pagan."

"Christmas is Jesus' birthday," Dean said seriously. You giggled at his remark. You weren't a true believer and didn't think Dean was.

"No, Jesus's birthday was probably in the fall," Sam corrected. "It was actually the winter solstice festival that was co-opted by the Church and renamed "Christmas". But I mean, the Yule log, the tree, even Santa's red suit – that's all remnants of pagan worship."

"How do you know that? What are you gonna tell me next? Easter bunny's Jewish?" Dean joked. You let out a snicker but otherwise, no one said anything. "So you think we're gonna dealing with a pagan God?"

"Yeah, probably Hold Nickar, God of the winter solstice."

"And all these Martha Stewart wannabes, buying these fancy wreaths..."

"Yeah, it's pretty much like putting a neon sign on your front door saying, 'come kill us'."

"Great." You groaned.

"Huh..." Sam trailed off, reading whatever it was on his laptop. "When you sacrifice to Hold Nickar, guess what he gives you in return."

"Lap dances, hopefully," Dean remarked and you rolled your eyes.

"What does he give you?" You asked seriously.

"Mild weather," Sam answered. You and Dean both looked out the window to see no snow outside. It was odd back at Santa's Village that there was no snow.

"Like no snow in the middle of December in the middle of Michigan?" Dean pointed it out.

"For instance."