Long-Distance Call- Part 2

Later on, back at the motel room, Sam was sitting on the bed, done with his part to find out where the phone number came from. Dean was on the laptop, trying to figure out who Linda was, or is. You, on the other hand, were beat. You sat next to Dean and with your head on his shoulder, watched him browse the internet for Linda. Sooner or later, he found her.

"Did you find her yet?" Sam asked, half laying on the bed while the TV was playing in the background.

"Yeah, Linda Bateman. She and Ben Waters were high school sweethearts."

"So, what happened?"

"Drunk driver hit them head on. Ben survived she didn't." You answered for Dean.

"So, what then? Dead flame calls to chat?" Sam asked, sitting up and turning off the TV.

"You would think, but Linda was cremated. So why is she still floating around?" Dean asked, sighing as he leaned back. You slid your hand down his arm and grabbed his hand, sliding your fingers through his. He looked over at you and pressed his lips to your forehead before looking at his brother.

"You got me." Sam sighed.

"What about caller ID? Anything?" You asked.

"Well, turns out, it's an actual phone number."

"No phone number I've ever seen." Dean added.

"Yeah, because it's about a century old, back from when phones had cranks."

"So, why use that number to reach out and touch someone?" You asked.

"Got me there too, but we should put a trace on it."

"How the hell are we going to put a trace on something that's over 100 years old?" Dean asked.

"That was my first thought too but turns out there is a phone company that does all this right here in town. It's a popular company too so we just dress like we're from HQ and let's go see where this number came from." Sam said, getting up and grabbing his Fed clothes. You sighed and let go of Dean, getting up to do the same.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arriving at the phone company place, you met a man who would escort you down to the basement where you would get to meet the person who would trace the call. Immediately upon meeting the man, you got a weird vibe from him. You didn't know if it was because you were stressed about Dean's situation or it was something else but you couldn't take your eyes off him.

"We don't get many folks from HQ down here." The man said, guiding you down the hall.

"Yes, well the main office mentioned that there would be a lunch." Dean said with a smirk and when the man's back was turned, Sam gave him a bitch face. Dean shrugged but followed the man. You still hadn't said a word.

"Well I'm sure we can arrange something. The man you wanna be speaking to is right this..." The man trailed off. Sam swatted at a fly that was buzzing around and the man sighed. "I know, sorry. We've got something of a hygiene issue down here if you ask me."

"Stewie?" The man called out once you got to an office of some kind. You walked through the door and bit back a smile when you saw the man at the computer, the man who would be helping you, had multiple popups of porn sites. "What did I tell you about keeping this place clean?"

Stewie jumped at the intrusion and began closing the porn sites quickly but they just kept popping back up. You cleared your throat and looked at the brothers who were also amused. You looked at the manager and you lost your smile. You glared slightly at him because you wanted him to know you didn't like him.