Mystery Spot- Part 5

The next morning, after Dean was getting ready, Sam showed you his laptop with the research he got from Dexter's daughter. At this point, you and Sam weren't trying to figure out how to keep saving Dean, you were trying to figure out why this was happening. You were at the diner and Dean was eating peacefully, not knowing about the time loop you and Sam were in. You decided not to tell him because it ended up being worse than it already is. You and Sam were on one side of the booth, doing the research while Dean was on the other, eating his food.

"That's our guy?" You asked Sam and he nodded, pulling up his blog that Dexter managed. You looked around to see the same man as before, watching him eat his food. You felt a vibe from him and you were about to say something about it when Sam spoke up.

"So, the police report says Dexter Hasselback is a professor, but that's not all he is," Sam said, reading off his laptop, which made you look at the brothers.

"What is he?" Dean asked.

"I talked to his daughter. Guy's quite the journalist. Columns in magazines, a blog," Sam said and you looked over at the man who interested you and he was leaving. You opened your mouth to say something when Sam continued. "He writes about tourist attractions. Mystery spots, UFO crash sites—he gets his kicks debunking them. I mean, he's already put four of these places out of business. Here, check it out."

Sam turned his laptop around and he showed Dean what he was researching. You already knew this but you paid attention anyway. Maybe something else will come to your attention. Dean started to read the biography of the man in question.

"Dexter Hasselback, truth warrior? More like a pompous schmuck, you ask me."

"Yeah, tell me about it. I mean, I've read everything the guy's ever written, and he must have weighed a ton, he was so full of himself."

"When'd you have time to do all this research?" Dean asked.

"Come on, we should go," Sam said and you nodded, getting out of the booth. You walked over to the counter while Dean and Sam were talking to each other but you were focused on something surprising.

"Sam..." you said in a panicked voice. He picked up on this and walked to you, looking at what you were staring at.

"What is it?" Dean asked, looking at the bottle of syrup you pointed to. It was a pink, strawberry syrup bottle but every day for the past 100+ days, that man who was sitting there, had been eating his pancakes with regular syrup. You turned around to see the man pass by the window and you gasped, looking at the syrup bottle before looking at Sam.

"That man has had maple syrup for the last hundred Tuesdays but he's suddenly having strawberry? I knew I felt a weird vibe from that man..." you said. Sam was staring at you with wide eyes.

"It's a free country. Man can't choose his own syrup, huh? What have we become?" Dean asked, throwing his hand up.

"Not in this diner. Not today. Nothing in this place ever changes. Ever. Except us." Sam states but as soon as the words left his mouth, the world went black.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You gasped awake before Dean could even place his lips on you.

"Whoa, are you okay?" Dean asked.

"Yeah, yeah, fine." You quickly said and he nodded before turning to his brother and turning up the radio. Asia's tune blasted through the air, waking Sam that up. You were confused why you were starting the day over. Dean didn't die.

"Rise and shine, Sammy!" Dean said, singing along to the music and tying up his boots. You and Sam shared a look before Dean got up and walked to the bathroom. You scrambled off your bed and moved to Sam's, staring into his eyes.