2.

7:48 am

"Hey! Wake up! I'm 5 minutes away!" Victoria yelled into the phone, hoping Austin would be ready when she got there.

"I'm actually already awake because someone decided they wanted to take a million years to leave for school!"

"You want to get there late or not get there at all?" She questioned with sass and got no answer. "Exactly, now shush before I don't pick you up at all." She laughed. Victoria hung up and made her way to Austin's house.

•••••

11:52 am

"Today we're gonna talk about atoms, their charge, ions, isotopes, their weight, their mass, and what they're made up of." Mr. Arreaga said introducing the days subject. Victoria watched as he handed out papers to the other students, smiling and talking with them as they got their assignments. Her eyes wandered to his hands.

Oh how I would love if he wrapped his hand around my nec-

"So I was thinking, what if we went off campus for lunch today and never came back, I mean all of my important classes are before lunch anyway so we could just ditch school." Austin joked, interrupting her.

"Well-" Victoria started but was cut off.

"Well that wouldn't be a very good idea" Mr. Arreaga chuckled lightly, placing the paper down gently on Victoria's desk. She looked up at him as he looked down at her and he smiled slightly.

"Ahhh don't worry, I won't tell anyone" he whispered, still smiling at Victoria. She gave him a quick smile back before he walked off and started giving instructions on the assignment to the whole class.

"Thank God Mr. Arreaga isn't an asshole, or we would've been screwed." Austin laughed. Victoria let out a muffled giggled.

"Yeah..." She kept her eyes on him as he talked, still feeling a a mixture of nervousness and excitement from what happened. She wasn't exactly sure what did happened but she knew it made her happy. She was pulled out of her trance when..

"Victoria. please see me after class." Mr. Arreaga said. She nodded, feeling that same feeling again of nervousness with a bit of excitement as she started her assignment.

•••••

12:34 pm

"You wanted to see me." She said quietly but just loud enough for Mr. Arreaga to hear her. She sat down in a chair next to his desk.

"Yes actually, I wanted to ask you why you cheated on your homework." He placed himself on the edge of his desk, right in front of Victoria. He handed her Austin's paper then her paper to compare how similar they were. She took them in her hands and started to scan her eyes back and forth between both papers. She placed the papers on her lap.

"Ummm I-" She cleared her throat, trying to think of an excuse to clear the air. "It-" Mr. Arreaga cut her off.

"It's okay Victoria , I understand that the assignment was difficult and that you didn't want to or know how to do it but that is why I'm here, to teach you. Next time you can't finish an assignment at home, you can come see me before school, during lunch, or after school. You're a smart young woman and you don't need to be copying the wrong answers from Austin." He laughed.

"How do you know I copied him?" She laughed with him.

"He put Friday's date on his paper and you put Sunday's date which means he did the assignment first and lent it to you. Plus, you don't usually get the answers wrong, but he does." Victoria held in her laugh and handed the papers back to him. He brushed his hand gently over hers grabbing them from her. She looked at him as he calmly got up and put them on his desk.

"Thank you for staying after class, you can head out now if you want." He said adjusting his tie, getting ready to leave for his lunch.

"Thank you sir." She smiled at him shyly. He smiled back as she left the class.