23.

Saturday night, 7:42 pm

Victoria left her house really early and ended up showing up at Brandon's house earlier than they had planned so she made it a plan to sit in her car until eight. She parked a little more down the street so if he checked outside he wouldn't notice her.She suddenly got extremely nervous thinking about hanging out with him. Alone. 

"Why are you nervous? You hang out with him all the time after school, all alone." She thought to herself. Victoria knew she wouldn't be able to give herself a pep-talk because she wasn't very good at them so she called the one person who always gave her extra confidence.

She sat there aggressively fixing her hair in her reflection of the face time call until he answered.

"Austin! Thank god!" She said very relieved.

"Can I help you Vicky?" He asked in a very sassy tone.

"Yes, I need you to do two things for me." She said.

"What?"

"One, get that stick out of your ass and get rid of that attitude," She practically shouted. He just rolled his eyes, "And two, I'm really nervous for my date wi-" She stopped mid-sentence and had a shocked look on her face. Austin had wide eyes and a small but cunning smile. 

"So it is a date then." He stated.

"No, no, no I'm just hanging out with-" She got cut off.

"With a teacher from our school at 8 o'clock at night by yourselves in his house." He continued for her.

"Okay I called you to give me a pep-talk but it sounds like all I'm getting is judged." She said leaning forward to get a look towards his house.

"You're right Vicky, I'm sorry okay? What do you want to hear?" He asked putting his pride aside.

"Just tell me everything you used to tell me before all my other dates." She said.

"Okay...," He began, "You're gonna go in there and show him that you are that bitch." Austin said. She started smiling remembering how confident this made her feel.

"You aren't only beautiful, you're also intelligent, sweet, and respectful to everyone and yourself. So don't forget that if he tries anything. Set boundaries and put your foot down, Honoret." He finished. Victoria felt a little more put together now, not as freaked out. She knew she had good qualities about herself but sometimes it was nice to hear it from someone else besides herself.

"Okay, I'm going in now. Thank you Austin." She smiled and they said goodbye. 

She turned her car on and drove up to his house, parking by the curb. She grabbed her bag and a container from her passenger's seat reiterating Austin's speech to herself quietly. As Victoria started to walk up to the door she took a few deep breaths and loosened up her shoulders, shaking off her nerves. She put her chin up and smiled to herself.

She rang the doorbell and could hear the sweet little tone it played from inside. The windows by the door were covered by sheer curtains so although she wasn't able to make out his features, she could still see his shadow approaching the door. 

"Hi Victoria." Brandon said sweetly.

"Hello Brandon." She said with a dreamy smile on her face. 

Brandon was dressed in a nice but casual dark green dress shirt. The first couple of buttons were open and his collar was loose around his neck. He wore dark colored jeans to match his shirt and black socks to walk around his house. His shirt was complimented with a single, small silver chain. His hair was brushed but not overdone with any gels or hats.