26.

Victoria walked into her fifth period class, excited to see Brandon since their date during the weekend. When she stepped inside, she noticed a substitute sitting at his desk. Slightly disappointed, she just walked to her stool and sat down.

"Vicky!" Austin shouted as he hurried into the class, obnoxiously pushing people to get to his desk.

"Jesus Austin, you got the whole class mugging you right now." Victoria panned her eyes around the room.

"I need a huge favor from you tonight." Austin spoke quickly and with wide eyes.

"Depends what it is." She said tilted her head lazily to the side.

"No! I need this from you!" He grabbed both her shoulders and made her sit up straight, looking him in the eyes.

"Okay! Okay! What is it?" She furrowed her brows.

"Clarita Lopez asked me if I was going to the basketball game tonight and I said I wasn't sure but then she said she was so then I said I would be stupid to miss it and then she offered to save me a spot next to her in the spirit section and Clarita is so hot and you're my best friend and you love me so you have to agree to come with me tonight or I'll drop dead and cry!" Austin hurriedly let out all in one breath. Victoria just stared at him, confused,

"First of all, who the hell is Clarita and second, why should I go if I'm gonna be all alone while you're flirting with some chick I don't know." She asked.

"She is an ethnic, Latina mami with curves like a guitar... a guitar, Victoria! You have to say yes!" Austin shook her back and forth.

"I'll say yes if you stop assaulting me!" Victoria wiggled under his hands and he stopped.

"I think this is why I love you." He said smiling and twirling his hair with one finger, batting his eyelashes at her.

"Yeah, yeah tell it to your new girlfriend." She stuck her hand in his face and faced the front of the class.

"So where's 'Brandon'?" He said using air quotes.

"I'm not sure. Probably taking a sick day or something." She dusted off the topic on the surface but genuinely started to wonder to herself. She pulled out her phone.

Victoria
Hey, why am I looking at some random, old man?

Brandon
Should I be asking you the same thing? LMAO

Victoria
I mean, why aren't I looking at you instead?

Brandon
Teacher meetings going on all day. Why?

Victoria
Well I'd rather stare at you than at some old white man.

Brandon
I'm half white...

Victoria
Then I guess I'm a half white man's whore

Brandon
Victoria. Focus on your school work please or I'm going to text the sub to take your phone away.

She laughed at that knowing he was probably laughing to himself too.

Victoria
Sorry Mr. Arreaga. Please don't get me in trouble.

Brandon
Victoria...

Victoria
Yeah, Yeah. Go listen to your conference .