19.

6:38 pm - Saturday

"Vic!" Nick called her nickname from the bottom of the stairs. He waited a few seconds to see if she would come down.

"Vicky!" He yelled for her again. Nothing. He sighed and trudged up the steps and knocked on her bedroom door.

"Vicky come on, I wanted to do something today and hoped you'd come." He spoke through the door and with no response, he slowly opened her door.

"You better not be asleep at six in th-" He stopped himself. Peering his head in, there was no sight of her anywhere.

Her and Edwin's parents had a pretty nicely sized house. Not too big, not too small either so the rooms were bigger than average ones but not giant. Nick let himself in and walked over to her closet to see if she was in there.

"Hellooooo?" He called in a singsongy voice. No reply. He blew air through his mouth and stared around her room until the door flung open. He jumped slightly as Victoria gasped, surprised to see him in her room. Alone.

"Uhh yes creep?" She mocked him as he stood there. She had just come back from the gym. Her body still glistened slightly with sweat.

"Hurry up and shower, we're going out." He said leaving her room. She rolled her eyes and grabbed a towel heading for the bathroom.

Walking up to the bathroom, she could already hear music through the door and she knew Edwin probably wouldn't be out anytime soon. By the sound of his singing, she guessed he was on his third world tour right now. Instead, she took her things to the basement and showered in that bathroom.

•••
Victoria tiptoed out with her towel on and started running up the basement steps in hopes she could race up to her room. Reaching the top she turned the corner from the hall that led to the basement steps and bumped into Austin.

"Praise Jesus, I truly thought you were Nick." She whispered, resting her hand on his chest and letting her head fall in relief. Until....

"No but he's right behind me." Austin whispered, pointing behind him. Victoria didn't look but instead focused on Austin.

"Do you see what I get into at this place?" She whispered.

"Yeah no wonder you had that wet dr-" She quickly covered his mouth and stomped her foot onto his shoe as hard as she could. As a reflex, his right hand came up and gripped onto her towel as it almost fell. She grabbed it quickly and gave Austin a cold death stare.

"I'm gonna change now. I'll be back." She said out loud this time, glaring at Austin. Austin went to grab a paper towel to wipe his shoes clean. Nick looked back as Victoria rushed toward the staircase.

•••

"Okay lets go!" Victoria came back down to find Edwin, Nick, and Austin in the living room.

"You don't even know where we're going though." Edwin said.

"Okay? I don't think I'm in any danger so it doesn't really matter." She said.

"What if we were going to kill you?" He argued back.

"Oh no I'm so scared." She waved her arms around sarcastically.