33.

Saturday, 6:32 pm

Victoria was walking down the staircase and jumped midway when Zion walked in and jumped when he saw her.

"Jesus you scared me!" He said putting his hand over his heart.

"I scared you? This is my house, you just walked in and jumped like I was the intruder." She said loosening her grip on the staircase railing.

"People walk into your house without knocking all the time." He said walking over to her.

"No, you walk into our house without knocking........ now that I think about it, sometimes you do it even when we lock the door..." She gave him a confused look.

"Your family keeps the spare key under the hollowed out cement turtle. Do better." He said handing her the key. She couldn't help but laugh.

"Where you off to?" Zion asked realizing she had a somewhat casual, somewhat impressive outfit on.

"Marcy and I are going to the next town over and eating out. Girl date." Victoria grabbed her coat from the rack at the front door.

"I knew you were a lesbian, you're too powerful to be attracted to men." He said sitting down on the couch.

"This is why you're my favorite." She stepped behind the couch and gave him a hug.

"Tell your brother I'm home please." He said more of a statement than a question.

"And I spoke too soon." She sighed and stood up, leaving the house.

***

7:03 pm

Victoria stepped up to the porch and rang the doorbell fixing her hair waiting for an answer.

"You made it!"

"Of course I did."

She stepped into the house and gave Brandon a kiss.

"How'd you get out this time?" He asked.

"I just said I was going out to eat with a girlfriend. So what are the plans for today?" Victoria turned to face him and she just realized how dressed up he was, almost like he was going to work.

"It's a surprise but I know you're going to like it. Let's go?" He stuck his hand out and he led her to his car.

"Brandon where are we going? I thought you didn't want to go out because you didn't want to risk anyone seeing us." She said buckling her seat belt.

"I don't but I've had girlfriends before and I'm more than one hundred percent sure you're getting tired of only having "dates" at my house and at school." He put his car in reverse and looked back as he backed out of his driveway.

Victoria had always heard friends talk about how attractive it is to watch a guy drive but she never thought it was true. She had never had a boyfriend who could drive, legally at least, so when she saw Brandon doing it, she finally understood it. Lucky her.

"Have you ever heard of the Amalfi Coast in Italy?" Brandon asks.

"Not that I remember?" Victoria said unsure.

"Well the restaurant we're going to is themed to make it look like we're right on the coast. It's small and hardly anyone knows about it because it's actually underground." Brandon says.

"An underground, unknown restaurant? Who are you Mr. Arreaga?" She smiled and sat back in the passenger's seat."

***