9.

i just KNOW you're looking at the video attached to the chapter and thinking "bitch are you okay" LMAOOOO it'll make sense just read the chapter💀

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5:24 am

for once in a long while, victoria had finally been the one to wake up first. usually her brother or his friends will wake her up with some loud noise in her ear or some sort of substance being poured on her but this time, she would have the pleasure of waking them up. looking all around the kitchen she thought of what to use to wake them up and she found three perfect things to do so.

6:16 am

nick woke up smelling the sweet aroma of bacon, toast and eggs. he quickly got up out of bed and grabbed a hoodie then rushed down the stairs. in the kitchen victoria sang along to the song playing on the speaker. nick sat on the stool at the island where they had their late night chat previously. victoria turned around and stopped singing immediately, feeling embarrassed as nick just laughed at her.

"pobrecita. estas triste?" (poor girl, are you sad?) nick laughed. his only sources of spanish being the 3 years he's taken in high school and google translate.

"en realidad me siento bien esta mañana" (actually i feel good this morning) she responded back with a big smile on her face.

"vicky....its 6 am my brain cells can't function all that right now" he joked. she laughed and grabbed a plate to prepare the eggs and bacon on.

"look at you, the spinning image of a house wife" nick looked at her as he rested his head on his palm, his elbow holding him up. she narrowed her eyes at him and started laughing.

"i mean, not that you have to be a house wife. you could bring home the bacon or be an independent woman because you're not entitled to the simplistic roles women have in society." nick started cutting up his eggs.

"we love a man who empowers women" she started walking up the stairs. "I'm gonna get dressed, wake edwin up soon if he doesn't come down in 10" nick replied with a "mhm" and got back to his food.

•••••

after yesterday's study session with Mr. Arreaga, victoria felt conflicted. she was trying to decide whether or not to do what nick said and try to see if they could possibly become a thing or if she should back off so she doesn't get herself hurt. coming from someone who constantly thinks negatively, she started to form this belief that she didn't stand a chance with him for one reason. she was too young. he didn't need her coming into his life and ruining what he has now. he won't see her as a woman and more importantly, he could get fired for being with her which she didn't want to be the cause of. on the other hand though, it seems as if her and Mr. Arreaga has some sort of connection yesterday. she felt excited and happy just thinking about it. would it be all bad if she tried to see if things would change between them?

with all she was thinking about, she failed to focus on what she was doing. as she was taking her shirt off, it got stuck on the back of her earring.

~~~~~

as nick walked up the stairs he could hear panting and grunting coming from victoria's room. her door was open a crack so he decided to let himself in.

"vic are you oka- oh my god! vicky i'm so sorry!" he turned around quickly seeing as victoria was standing there in her bra, her shirt half way above her head.

"nick, i need your help. my shirt is stuck on my earring and i can't get the material to budge." she pulled at the shirt again, hissing at the earring pulling her earlobe.

"uhh......okay...just turn around" he said walking over to her. she turned around to let her back face nick. he moved her hair to one side of her head and tilted her head down so the sunlight could let him see better at what he was doing. with his index and thumb, he pulled on her shirt that was impaled by the earring back and it came off easily.

her arms were pulling upward by accident in the process and finally the shirt came off. she quickly scrambled to cover her torso with the shirt as much as possible. nick just coughed uncomfortably.

"well thank you-" victoria spoke very awkwardly and was cut off quickly.

"absolutely, not a problem" nick cleared his throat as he spoke.

"umm.... so just...don't tell edwin?" she asked more than stated.

"i won't, promise" nick laughed and shortly after, so did victoria.

"so are you okay? i noticed you were kind of in pain because you kept pulling on your ear so hard." he asked, turning around to victoria could change.

"yeah, i just for the life of me, couldn't get it over my head so i tried pulling harder and obviously that didn't work," she explained. "are you okay? i know it was probably weird for you to walk up in here and see me half naked...well my upper half at least" she laughed.

"yeah yeah, I'm all good. i'm not gonna lie though....." he trailed off.

"what?" she asked. he turned around and faced her.

"you make me nervous victoria, something in me makes me feel nervous to say something dumb or to mess up around you." he admits.

"w-what? i make you nervous?" she asks in a quiet tone, one that's just about a whisper.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

dun dun dunnn, to be continued! sorry it took me so long to update :( i have an F in my ap class and my mom is making me do all of my missing assignments and it's taking my phone in the process :/ updating will be scattered, sorry again!