17.

9:21 pm the next day

Victoria sat at the desk in her room, dropping her pen hopelessly and picking up her phone to go on twitter. This was her usual routine while doing homework. Arrange the pens and pencils neatly, start her homework enthusiastically, eat to distract from the fact that she hates school, attempt homework again, and because she fails to be optimistic, the last step is to check social media. She gets a random text from Austin.

Austin
Get off twitter, I can see you retweeting
everything that pops up on your tl

Tori
This is my cycle, you know this

Austin
It's your routine for doing homework but not for when you're studying for a test,
stoopid

Tori
Wait a test? For whose class?

Austin
For your boyfriends class, duh

Tori
Okay first of all, NOT my boyfriend and second, I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT THAT SKFBKEICLSNGKEIVO OHMYGOD

Austin
Yeah I figured. Good luck cramming tonight

Victoria immediately put her phone down and grabbed her chemistry text book from her shelf and brought it back to her desk. She flipped through the sections and reached the chapter they were studying. Just by peeking at the first page, she knew tonight was going to be a long night and that by tomorrow, she'd be tired during her test.

Until an idea sparked in her head. She looked at her phone hesitantly. She seriously contemplated whether or not this was a good idea. Finally, she found herself turning her phone on to do something she never thought she would.

(000) 123-5555
Hi Brandon. This is Victoria. I had a couple of questions.

(000) 678-9999
What can I help you with?

Victoria
I completely forgot there was a test tomorrow and I'm not sure exactly what I should be reviewing.

Brandon
Well I can't say exactly what will be on the test, but maybe review chapter 16 sections 4 and 6 okay? ;)

Victoria
You are a life saver. Thank you so much!

Brandon
Of course. Anytime you need me. Good night Victoria, rest well.

Victoria
You too sir.

So with that information she got to studying.

•••

10:02 am the next morning

"You are absolutely shitting me. You text each other now?!" Austin says astonishingly, shoving chips in his mouth.

"Yes and you eat like a cow, you fat lard." Victoria slaps his stomach and feels hardly anything, "I take that back skinny queen Mariah Carey." she teases him.

"You're just pressed that I'm a size zero and you're not... fat lard." he teases her back.

"But seriously it's not even a big deal." She plays it off.

"Okay but it is though. He's like what, late twenties? And you're barely going to turn eighteen? He can get in trouble— YOU can get in trouble."