20.

you guys are so sweet. thank you for all the love and support🖤 i realized what i needed to get my mind off my breakup was to write. now that i'm single again, i'm back to obsessing over grown men who will never find interest in me so writing fan fiction about them seems fit hahaha. enjoy🖤🖤

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Victoria walked up to the cash register that they agreed to meet at.

"Everyone ready to get going?" Nick pulled his wallet out to get his credit card.

"You're going to pay for all of this?" Austin asked, pointing to everything they were assigned to pick up.

"Yeah, that way I can make you guys pay for the fast food we're gonna get later." He snickered punching in his pin.

After he paid, they gathered everything into a couple of bags and brought everything back to the car.

"Hey Edwin?" Austin began his question. Edwin hummed in response.

"Is it okay if Zion comes to your house tonight? I told him we were all hanging out and he wanted to join us." Austin keeps his eyes on his phone, typing away.

"Tell him he can come if he doesn't bring anyone of his douche bag friends along." Edwin rolled his eyes and Victoria laughed knowing just who he was talking about, but we'll get into that later.

"Hey wait!" Victoria looked up at Austin.

"Why did you ask Edwin if Zion can come to 'his house', and not me? I live there too." She pointed out as Nick started driving back to the house.

"Who do mom and dad leave in charge every time they're away?" Edwin asked rhetorically. Victoria rolled her eyes and sat back into her seat already aware of the answer.

"M-E. Me!" Edwin taunted as he clearly saw the defeat on her face.

"Next time I ask to come over, I'll ask if I can go to Victoria's house." Nick whispered to Victoria while Edwin and Austin were conversing in the back. They exchanged gentle smiles.

•••

"I'll run upstairs to grab blankets from our rooms. Austin you set up the chairs and tables in the back and Edwin can hang the white sheet from the trees in the back." Victoria said.

"Wait what about me?" Nick said standing at the base of the stairs.

"Come upstairs so you can help me bring the blankets down." She said already heading to her room. Nick coming up behind her.

"So how many blankets should we get? It's not exactly freezing weather yet." Nick asked.

"Get one from the guest room and Edwins room, I'll get one from mine and my parents room." Victoria started pulling her giant blanket off the bed and pulled it up from the floor. Her phone dropping as she bent down. Nick grabbed it and saw a notification.

"Hey who's Brandon?" He asked. Victoria quickly looked up and reached her hand out to snatch it back but he already saw that coming and stood on his tip toes, extending his hand all the way up so she couldn't reach.

"Guys hurry up, I already finished setting up which means you two are taking forever." Austin said walking into Victoria's room.

"Austin catch!" Nick threw the phone and Austin caught it with both hands on his chest. Victoria walked over to Austin and put her hand out so he could give it back to her. He read the notification and his eyes went wide. He gave the phone back to her with a surprised look on his face.

"Plans? With Brandon? Austin asked her.

"Is anyone going to tell me who Brandon is?" Nick asked picking up the blanket from the floor.

"Just a boy from my class?" Victoria kept her answer vague, "It's not that big of a deal, just get the blankets and I'll meet you downstairs in a minute." She took her phone back from Austin and rushed to her parents room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Short chapter, I'm lazy and need to figure out the next part in the story LOL.