A Dark Hour

She can't be dead. I fall onto my hands and knees. If she was dead, I would have changed back. I feel myself getting taller. "OH NO!!!" I shout. All became silent. The Spell was cancelled. When I shouted, I attracted everyone's attention. I slowly changed back to my old self. I look over at Lalna, lying on the ground, helplessly. This can't be. She was carried of, and taken to a high security compound. "It's Duncan!!" Shouted Rythian. DM looked out the window. He stared at me for a second. The came out. "Well.. well, well... I should'ave known that one wouldn't come without the other... which means, Lewis and Simon are still out there..." He said softly. I grit my teeth and clench my fists. "Wowww keep the hostility to a minimum..." He continued. I look at him. "YOU KILLED HER!" I shout. He looks at me and smiles. "Say Duncan... have you ever.. looked at things.. differently? Maybe? When you say, I killed her, you could also say, I saved us.." He said, in a sensible voice. If he hasn't killed me, what's he up to? I thought. "So Duncan. Would you like to join us?" He continued. Wow. that's it. He's convinced everyone that he's getting clean, unlimited energy, but it aids his own plot. I look at him closely. "NO. I WON'T." I shout. I could hear unhappy voices in the crowd. He laughed. "You still think she's alive? Her presence left me unable to use my dark magic. but now, I can take over the World!!!" He shouted. I step back.  "If she was alive, could I do this?" He flicked his wrist and looked up. Clouds had changed to purple. Thunderstorms brewed and the earth began to shake. He looked at me. "Let's face it. If you're not part of the Solution.." He held his arm out, and a dark purple orb appeared. "You're part of the problem..." He finished, as he blasted the orb at me. This really was the end. I closed my eyes. A few seconds passed. All was quiet. I could hear the chug of my machines. I opened my eyes. I could see wisps of blue magic, dissipating around me. What was that? I look out the window of my castle. It was dark. Could she somehow, be alive? I Rush to the teleporters and make my way to the roof. "Their bound to be looking for me now.."

Lalna's POV

I open my eyes slowly and look around. I was in a small, concrete cell. "What.. happened?" I think. I then remember the painful events of earlier. I turn around, only to see a smashed mirror, with someone inside. This person had Black hair, with a hint of purple, but it turned blond at the end. She was very thin, and very pale. That can't be me. I look down at myself. It was. I had gotten a good deal thinner, So the sleeves on my lab coat had gotten too wide. I open my mouth to scream, when I notice, in the mirror, that my teeth, towards the center, had two sharp points. They were Fangs!! I stare into the mirror for a second, and notice that my eye colour had changed to red. "If he failed at killing me, he must have done the next best thing. Make me one of them. A Vampire. A dark Creature." I thought. I still had my powers, and I now felt significantly stronger than before. What if Duncan didn't accept the way I am now? I thought. Suddenly I heard a voice. It was Rythian! "I'll find him. And I will bring him to you." He said. "Do not fail me." A deep voice replied. I know who he's talking about. He's going after Duncan!! Then I remembered. He had a deterrent and a trap set up. I slipped through the bars, a quietly looked for Rythian. He was in the room next to the cell. He came out of the room. I followed him out of the base. I must remember that as of now, I can't be caught under the sun. It was raining. I should be good. Once he got out of the compound, he cast a spell with his wand, then he took off. I wanted to get home so much, that I I didn't realise how close I was following. I then felt a stronger want. More than anything. At that moment, I wanted his Blood... I had to resist, at least until we got to Duncan's I was flying at a safe distance behind him, and I could see immediately Duncan's Castle. Just then, I felt myself plummeting to the ground. I landed Softly. What could've went wrong? I saw Rythian Land on top of an ominous machine. A few seconds later, I could hear it wurring. At that moment, a forcefield appeared, trapping Rythian. The Rain was stopping. I ran under the shade in the tree. I put my hand out of the shade, and felt a sharp pain, like a burn, Spread across my arm. I feel stronger, but I am in fact, weaker than I was before. Then, I saw Duncan fly out of his castle. And started to talk to Rythian. I noticed, that I had extremely detailed Eyesight, and my hearing was Excellent. I heard Rythian and Duncan's Conversation. "LET ME GO!" Rythian shouted. "I will not let you go until you tell me what's going on with Lalna!" He replied. Rythian Smiled. I knew how good Rythian was at psychologically destroying people. "Well, why would you care Duncan? No one else does." He said, Arrogantly. Duncan Landed on the forcefield and looked at Rythian. "They wouldn't understand. None of them are engaged to her." He said softly. Rythian was speechless. He couldn't think of a come back. Dayumm. He's good. "Well let's just say if she hasn't died yet, she's in very bad condition." Rythian Smiled.  I put my hand in a nearby puddle to cool it down. I saw my reflection. My hair, my eyes, my build, all changed. Will he still like me? I look. Duncan was making his way into the castle. I decided to make a quick dash for the castle aswell, or at least the next shade, because, the castle was at least a mile away. it was a clearing. No trees. I just need to make a quick dash to the castle. I started to run, And I could feel myself burning, and my lab coat flapping behind me like a cape. It suddenly caught fire. Then I noticed. I was running very quickly. I dashed to get under part of the castles' porch. Few! I had made it. Then, I saw duncan coming. He looked surprised. He landed in front of me. "YOUR ALIVE?! But o my god, what did they do to you?" He asked. I look at myself. My Lab coat had holes, scorch marks, and was still on fire. I look at him. "They burned me." I say. He looked confused. "That would explain you're pale skin and the fact that you look like you haven't eaten in days...." He paused mid sentence. I looked at him. "Let's get you indoors, and get something to eat." he said quickly. I wasn't hungry. I was thirsty. I felt the extreme need for blood. "But I'm really not hungry...." I say. I must resist. I looked at him in the eyes. "And you're eyes... Lalna.. are you okay?" He asked. I looked at him seriously. "Believe me. I'm fine." I started getting dizzy. What was it this time? Sun or Dark magic? I get those sypmtoms when I'm near dark Magic, but now, I catch fire in sun.

Duncan's POV

She didn't look very focused. "Are you sure you're okay? I mean, You where just exposed to DM and stabbed in the chest." I point out. She looks at me sadly. "Well, I am feeling......" Her eyes closed and she fell to the ground. I ran over, and as quick as I could, I lifted her up, And ran into the castle, through the court yard. I could feel her body heat up. I got her into the tower and set her into bed. There is something wrong with her. And I will find out!