The downfalls of Thaumaturgy

As the portal closed, I saw Lewis' show-face disappearing and he began to frown. He turned back and sat on his chair again. The portal closed. Lalna went back to bed, and I went to my magic room to learn more thaumaturgy. I flicked through the pages of the thauminomicon, and stopped on a page titled 'Powerful Staffs and Foci' I looked at the bottom of the page. There was a list of staffs from weakest to strongest. I pin point the best. "An Ichorium Adjourned Primal staff." I say, reading it's name. This needed ichor, which needed Nethers stars, various shards, emeralds and one diamond. I grab around a stack of each. Hours later, I finally had 64 little bits of ichor. A wisp of purple ran across the floor, through the portal and into the castle. I looked at the recipe for the staff. It needed an infusion altar. I scrambled around the room and made all the materials I needed for one, and built it in the corner. I zapped it with my wand, and it changed into an arcane style structure. I sit down, exhausted. I look at the thauminomicon. The primal staff was apparently a high-end item, and had a CRITICAL instability. What does that mean? I think, copying the recipe shown. Once I was sorted, I zapped with my wand, and white beams came from the items surrounding the ichor. Every now and again, a huge purple wisp appeared, until the surrounding items disappeared and a staff was left in the middle. I lifted the staff, and examined it. I threw the wand away, and looked in my thauminomicon with my new staff in my opposite hand. "Ichor Armour..." I say, admiring the kit. I started making the armour. Five hours later, I was in a full suit of ichor. It's instability was Dangerous. So many purple wisps appeared when I made them. I was OP! The chestpiece had wings, whilst the pants gave speed, hood, gave nightvision and boots gave jump. I was tired. I ran through the portal, up the teleporter and hopped into bed, hoping Lalna would notice my endeavours when she wakes up.

The next morning, I crawled out of bed at around 10:00. Lalna was already awake, and she was downstairs. The ichor armour was a gold-Orange with yellow cuffs. I jump on the teleporters and appear downstairs, to see lalna sitting in the corner. She looked happy. "Duncan!! I'm Soo proud of You!!!" She shouts, running over and hugging me firmly. I smile. "I don't know if I like the look or not.." I say, Looking at the clothing. "Hmm.. okay then. I can simply just take the buffs from those and give them to you." She said. She pointed her arm toward me, and the clothing vanished. I still had the speed, the flight, etc. I smiled. "Thanks." I say, walking over to the corner were she was sitting before. I pulled out my primal staff. Lalna looked at it and grinned. "Nice." She said, sounding partially distracted. "Duncan... The instability is dangerous and critical for everything you just did..." She said, looking around. She paused, and looked at the wall. If the wall wasn't there, she would be looking at another tower. "There!!" She said, jumping out the window and hovering. "There was a node here, and it happens to be filled with flux and negativity!!." She cried, flying in quickly, the tips of her hands purple. "Oh. I forgot about the flux generation." I say, looking out. I grab my thaumometre and look through. It said flux level: Moderate. Not exactly good."That's one of the few downfalls of thaumaturgy." She said, sitting in the corner again.