Over the top

I wake up. The sun's rays shone brightly through the narrow windows. I rolled over and jumped out of bed. I put on a fresh labcoat and went to wake up Lalna. She was hiding under the covers. Someone clearly didn't want to wake up just yet. I smile and pull the covers away, to see something that sent a chill up my spine. Lalna was lying there, her whole body was purple. Even her labcoat was a light shade! I put my ear to her chest. She was breathing still. Suddenly, I felt her heart rate increase. I look up at her head, my eyes widen, at what was going on. I go into my pocket and get the thaumometre. Flux level: Extremely high.  I start to panic. I run and look out the window. There was a hole in the glass! I quickly ran down to the storage room and grab some glass, before flying out to the orb. It seemed as though something melted it's way through. There was purple slime outlining the large hole. I touched it with my left hand. I felt a burning sensation run up my arm, and quickly draw it back. I re-seal the orb and fly back in. I rush up to the bedroom to the bedside. I looked at my hand. It was slowly turning a bright shade of purple. There was a yawn. I turned immediately to the source: Lalna. She was awake! "Oh Duncan! are.. are you okay?" She paused. "Did you touch the flux?" She said, worried, and clearly not noticing she had her own flux problems. She frowned. "Duncan. Here.. Take my hand. I can't have the flux taking you." She said, grasping my hand firmly, until the purple was drained. The purple on Lalna suddenly changed to a darker shade. She got out of bed and put another coat on. She still hadn't noticed she was infected. She went and looked out the window. She smiled awkwardly. "Ooooh.. The orb looks soo beautiful.." She trailed of and shook her head a little. "I'm sorry, what?" I ask, confused. "I mean.. Just look at it! The way it shines in it's bright purple..." She stared blankely at the centre. "Are you okay.. Lalna?" I ask pulling her away from the window. She looked down at herself. "Oh god..." She said, her voice shaking. "I'm purple!" She shouted, Backing of to the side of the room. "The seal was broken on the node. It's strength is very high now." I say. "I do have to say purple is quite nice.." She slapped herself. "If you've sealed it, use you're thaumometre to see how much flux I've absorbed." She says, her hands shaking. I took it out and looked. Flux level: Critical.  I gulp. "Umm.. you are now emitting a critical amount of flux.." I say softly. Lalna smiled evilly."Oh that's grea...." She stopped. ".....Horrible..." She finshed, her expression changed rapidly.