The art of Thaumcraft

I open my eyes, to see golden sun beams creep through the castle windows. It was 5am. Lalna was already awake. She was at her desk, doing something. "Why are you awake already?" I ask. She smiled. "I've found a type of magic that people can do without having any in them." She smiled. I was confused. "How..." I was interrupted. "I can read minds Duncan." She replied. "Nice." I say, looking over her shoulder. "So. Over the past few hours, I've went on a trip to the mines to get some shards. I couldn't find any, (which was weird)." She said. "What shards?" I ask. She looks at me. "Well. You are aware of the elements and magic?" Lalna asks. I nod. "Sometimes rock can be infused with this element or magic. I was looking for air shards, fire shards, water shards, earth shards and Magic Shards." She said. "It became apparent after using an X-ray spell that I was the only source of magic available, so I infused some myself." She finished, smiling. She lay out on the table blue, purple, yellow, green and orange shards. She then put a glove on one hand, and put a black shard on the table.  "Each of these represent one area, and have some magic potencial." She says, lifting them and putting them in a bag. "What was the black one?" I ask, looking at the bag. "The black one is entropy, represents dark and chaos." She replied, jumping on a teleporter. I followed. That made sense. Darkness doesn't go good with her. "How did you infuse the stone with entropy then?" I ask. "Well. The elements in this type of magic are quite basic, and for the way I am, in me, I have infinite of every type ever. " She said. I smiled. "What is this magic called?" I ask, Standing still in the room, whilst she grabbed random things from chests. "This is thaumaturgy." She answered. "Hey where's your portal gun?" She asked. "It's on the pedestal. So can I do this type of magic then?" I ask. She grabbed the portal gun and shot it at the wall, making a blue portal, then strapped it to her back. She walked up to me. "This kind off magic is risky, but it's the only kind that you can do. Each time You do Something, it generates flux, which is pure dark energy. It can be dangerous to everyone. especially me." She replied. I shrugged. "So what are we doing?" I ask. "We have problems with magical resources, so I figure we should have a portal gun here, and go miles away, where no-one will find it, and I could do a whole area infusion at once." She said, walking outside. "Are you coming?" She asked. I nod and run to catch up.

After miles of walking, we came to an oak forest. Lalna put her bags on the ground, and flew up into the sky. She created wisps everywhere, they danced crazily across the trees and grass, on each impact it changed a whole area into a bluish, green colour. They ran up the trees, turning the leaves blue and the trunk white. On some trees, the leaves where turquoise, with a chocolate brown truck. She flew down. "There. We need to make you a little underground magic area to link to the castle." She said, Zapping a beam at the ground, destroying blocks at high speeds. She then jumped in the hole, And with one flick an area was cleared. I jumped in and sealed the entrance. Lalna shot the extra portal so we had access to all of our resources. "Alright." She said. I smiled. "Lets get started." I say, excited.