20. Adam the Bartender

"You don't realize how lucky you are, Teagan." Harley whined, slumping in her seat on the couch. Teagan merely laughed, taken this random comment as a repercussion of her roommate's hangover. She and Delilah went partying the previous night while Teagan was over at Louis', watching a movie and cuddling on his sofa.

"And why is that? What makes me so lucky?" Teagan decided to amuse her, quirking an eyebrow and waiting for the tiny gypsy- like girl's response.

Harley blew a strand of fallen hair away from her face, frowning at it with an intensity that's a little too much. Teagan was focused on making her roommate tea, to cure her headache.

"Because you're in love." she stated grimly.

Subconsciously, Teagan's eyes widened and she paused momentarily in her actions. She hadn't realized that her hands were shaking and her eyes weren't blinking. Her face was flushed and her bottom lip started to take residence between her teeth. A million words were running through her mind at once, along with silence.

"I-I'm not in love with Louis." she stuttered.

Harley pursed her lips, entirely unconvinced. She was also unimpressed with her friend's lack of lying skills. Teagan was never a really good liar, she noticed. The girl couldn't even lie to herself! Harley always knew Teagan wasn't the type of girl to spend her time at Uni partying. She was the type to wake up at ten, eat a bagel with strawberry jam, attend classes until one, and then eat a double cheeseburger with bacon and fries on the side, come back to the dorm at three and suddenly crave pizza. She was the type to wear makeup everyday, not because she felt as though she needs it, but because she thinks it's fun to simply put it on. She was the type to sit around with her phone and play air hockey on it before suddenly getting bored and picking up a Harry Potter novel to get lost in.

Teagan wasn't typical.

She was beautiful, not hot or sexy. Clever, not just educated. Witty. Funny. Mildly sarcastic. She was Teagan. Just like Costa was Costa.

But Teagan thought Harley was crazy. She had only been dating Louis for a month and a half, how could she be in love with him already? That wasn't possible, was it? She didn't know.

"Who are you trying to convince?" Harley snorted. "Me or yourself? You know what, don't answer that. You clearly aren't talking to me because you can't convince me against something I already know."

Teagan rolled her eyes, taking the small kettle from her stove top and pouring the steamy water into a ceramic mug with a teabag already in it. Harley doesn't like sugar in her tea (weirdo) so Teagan took the cup to her and sat next to her friend as she watched her sip her tea gingerly.

Costa walked over to her two roommates, surprised to see them in a heated stare down. "What are you two talking about?" she asked, propping her feet up on the blonde's lap.

"Teagan's feelings for Louis." Harley filled in. "And how she loves him."

"I do not!" Teagan cut in.

Casually, Costa shrugged and said, "You do."

"No I don't." She insisted.

"But you do."

"Yeah, do... not." Teagan replied lamely.

She didn't know who she was trying to convince. Surely she didn't love Louis. Love is a strong word, it holds so much power. She didn't know if it was what she wanted, to give her whole heart to someone.