28. The Hotel Room

Teagan.

It almost scared me to leave Louis alone again after what happened at my home just yesterday. I didn't want him to go to practice, though I knew it would be trivial and selfish to ask him to stay with me instead, in fear of Gallagher seeing him again and losing it.

Louis was the captain, and he loves his team, I knew there was no way he would stay in, but that doesn't mean it didn't worry me to see him go.

Costa said I'm acting as if I was his mother, and that Louis would be fine if he ever had another encounter with my brother. But I wasn't so sure. If Gallagher was to attack him, Louis wouldn't fight back. He'd take those punches until he falls unconscious or someone pulls Gallagher off of him because he feels guilty. Louis feels guilt for doing something that was entirely my own fault, and he feels as if he deserves every single punch Gallagher delivers. Costa begged to differ, saying I was just being dramatic and I should just have a beer and calm down.

This didn't help at all. The strange sense of déjà vu washed over me as my roommates tried to take my mind off of Louis with funny animated movies and alcohol, but all I could do was stare at my phone.

I kept waiting for Harry or even Niall to call or text, giving me the dreaded news that I knew would soon come. I waited for them to call me about Gallagher losing it or Louis being in even worse condition.

I knew this was a bit morbid of me, but it was all I could think about. I love him, and if he was to get hurt again for something I did, I don't know if I could handle it.

He left for practice two hours ago with the promise of a return and a romantic date this evening. He told me to me to dress nicely and expect to be blown away, but how could I focus on getting all dressed up for the anticipation of the night when I wasn't so sure if he'd even make it.

Nonetheless, I got showered and dressed, deciding to wear a simple blue three quarter sleeve dress that reached my thighs, and brown ankle boots. I put on a chunky gold necklace and straightened my hair to put up in a ponytail, and tried for a smokey eye and pink lipstick.

I was in the middle of placing my phone and keys and all that other shit into a mini Chanel clutch when my bedroom door opened and Louis walked in. I didn't have time to get a really good look at him before I jumped on him with a hug, burying my face into the crook of his neck.

"You're here!" I mumbled, pressing a quick kiss to his partially exposed collarbone.

He chuckled, resting his hands on waist, pulling me away from him enough to see my face. "I told you I'd be here." he said. "Are you ready? You look great, by the way, absolutely stunning." he pulled me in to peck my lips again.

"Thank you." I grinned, this time taking a moment to look over his appearance. Basic white t shirt, black tailored blazer, blank jeans with the hem rolled up just a bit, and nice black dress shoes. His hair was nicely styled to sweep away from his face, and his skin looked sun kissed. "You too,"

"Obviously," he scoffed jokingly, taking my hand when I finally announced that I was ready to leave, he led me out of the room, and through the front door of my dorm, eventually leading me out of Moore House Hall and to the car park where a dark red Porsche was parked.

I had paused right before the passenger door that Louis held open for me, lifting my eyebrows up so high, that I felt they were dangerously close to flying away and giving Louis a look that said, "Explain this."

He shrugged. "I know it's a little fancy, but it's my dad's old car. He let me borrow it for the weekend."

I couldn't help but snicker, stepping forward to kiss him on the lips one more time before settling in the car, muttering a quick thank you before he shut the door and rounded the car himself, getting in and starting the engine. "Do you have a car also, or am I going to become your chauffeur sometime in the near future?"