Chapter One -Interships

Shoto Todoroki

I was surveying the area with my old man, Pro Hero: Endeavor. The ground quaked and screams erupted in the atmosphere. My dad jumped into action without any hesitation. I ran closely behind him as he ran toward the scene.

As it stands, I don't have a good relationship with my father. I simply joined his agency for my internship for experience... nothing else.

"Shoto, there's trouble. Follow me. I'll show you what it means to be a hero." He said. I followed suit. My phone vibrated and I stopped to check to see what had happened. Midoriya? He just send his location.

"Shoto, don't look at your phone!" My father scolded me. I simply ignored him. There must be something going on, I thought as there was no context to why he sent his location. I took of running the opposite direction of my father. "Where are you going, Shoto!?" He yelled.

"An alleyway at 4-2-10 Ekou Street." I responded. "If you finish what you're doing or find any Pro Hero, send them there. I'm leaving to take care of trouble."

I ran in the alley, the first sight I see is Hero Killer: Stain with a sword over Iida. I instinctively shot fire towards Hero Killer to protect my friend. It took some time for me to study the scene. Both Iida and Midoriya were on the ground unable to move along with Pro Hero: Native. This must be why Midoriya sent his location.

"Midoriya," I said, "You need to give more details in times like this. You made me late."

"T-Todoroki, you too?" Iida asked weakly.

"Why are you here? And you're using your left side?" Midoriya asked.

"That's my line. It took me a few seconds to figure out what you meant since you just send your location info. You're not really one to send that for no reason." I explained to him. I iced the floor to lift them off the ground for their safety. "You meant that you were in true danger and to call for help, right? Don't worry pros will also get here in a few minutes." I shot at the villain to get him away from them.

"I won't let you kill these guys, Hero Killer." I let flames erupt from my hands. The others were unable to fight for themselves so I would have to defend them.

"Todoroki, you can't let this guys see your blood!" Midoriya warned. "I think he controls his opponents' sanctions by ingesting their blood orally. That's how he got all of us."

I spoke to myself trying the think of the best strategy, "He sucks blood to keep people from moving. That's why he uses blades, huh? I can keep my distance and-" In an instant a knife sliced my cheek.

Hero Killer hurdled towards me with a fist, I dodged his attack with an ice wall, even so he grabbed my collar and stretched his tongue to the wound on my cheek. I blazed fire around my surrounding. He backed away. That was close.

I continued to use my quirk against him. Iida was scolding himself with venom in his voice. "The Ingenium I know didn't have that look on his face." I said to him. "You've got a lot going on behind the scenes in your family, too, huh?" I asked sincerely, worried about what was going on with Iida.

Our conversation was cut short by Hero Killer deflecting all of my attacks. I was preparing to shot fire at him but he threw two blades into my forearm. I groaned in pain. He took the opportunity to come after me, his blade was getting close, but miraculously Midoriya jumped up pushing Hero Killer away.

"I can move somehow," Midoriya stated, "His quirk has a time limit."

Hero Killer hit Midoriya off of him, they both landed on the ground. Hero Killer was about to strike Midoriya. "Midoriya! Move out the way!" I shot ice in Hero Killer's direction.