Chapter Thirty Nine - Amends

Happy New Year and New Decade!
(◕✿)

Third Person

Unfortunately, Aizawa didn't hear the news about Todozome/Chroki. He invited the two of them out to get away from everyone else.

At school, (F/n) approached Shoto. He excused himself from the group and went to talk with his ex-girlfriend. Everyone watched them intently, but like always the two stoic personalities were impossible to read.

"Did you know about this?" (F/n) asked, referring to the outing Aizawa was talking about.

"Yeah, I told him it was a good idea." Shoto replied.

"Why?" She rightfully questioned.

"Because think of how many things are going to happen if the whole world knows we broke up. Aizawa and your mom will start asking questions. So will Fuyumi and Natsuo. The media will have a lot to say about it. And quite frankly I don't feel like speaking to my father about us." Todoroki reasoned.

"You rather pretend to be together then just let everyone know we're not?" (F/n) asked to clarify.

"Yeah," Todoroki bluntly said, "If you hate me that much just tell him, it doesn't bother me... in fact not spending an evening with you is probably better for me."

(F/n) sighed in response, "I don't hate you and fine, it's whatever."

"Can I go?" Shoto asked wanting to get away from this conversation.

"Yeah, sure." (F/n) replied and watched him leave. She could feel Todoroki's sorrow radiating off of him as they spoke, but couldn't do a thing about it.

Your POV

Saturday morning, I woke up in my room. I prepared for my day at work. I brought a change of clothes for my dinner with Aizawa, Mom, and Shoto.

After I finished preparing. I came down and saw Midoriya. I wasn't all that close to Midoriya. I used to be when I only hung out with Shoto's friends, but now I didn't hang out with anyone outside of rarely talking to Katsuki. I've distanced myself from a lot of people lately. In fact, I haven't talked to Aizawa or Mom in such a long time nor did I see my therapist as often. I only had bi-weekly appointments now because I've been making "so much progress".

Nonetheless since Midoriya was an intern for Sir Nighteye. Him and I walked together in the mornings.

As a regular human, he was uncomfortable with the silence between us. So to fill it he would talk to me. Midoriya and I talked about random things until we reached Sir Nighteye's agency where we parted ways.

~*Time Skip*~

As I was preparing to leave for my dinner, I was interrupted.

"Ms. Chizome, you have a call from Sir Nighteye. Would you like me to transfer it to your line?" Reo, my secretary, asked.

"Please." I told him. He nodded and I picked up the phone. Sir Nighteye informed me that Midoriya and Mirio had encountered the girl we've been searching for.

I asked him to send them my way. I waited for them to arrive which took about twenty minutes. By now I was late for the dinner.